Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my truck and paired it with my then Motorola phone , I would get a signal strentgh indicator on the screen next to the Bluetooth symbol. Since then my Samsung and now a Nokia work phone have been paired and all I see is the symbol. Obviously I now have to check my phone screen for strength of signal....a pain when it's in your pocket. Anyone else found the same ? Can't find any mention of it in the manual

BK

·
Registered
113 Posts
Noticed this on my Nokia but my Motorola and now my Sony Ericsson both show the signal strength on the screen.It must be somthing to do with the handset.

G

·
apparently all bluetooth is not the same...although you will get a connection it depends what the device 'wants' to send..maybe thats why motorola's show the signal bar and the others dont....

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have a Nokia and it shows the signal strength on the screen :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
no nokias are on the "approved" phone list so even if it pairs the reception isnt great. Ive just had my bluetooth unit ordered

here is a copy of my other post

hello

Ive been complaining about my bluetooth lack of reception for ages. I can hear people but they cant hear me very well. My dealer tells me there is a new unit now available but its not coming through the usual parts channel. It seems you only get one if you complain! So you have to complain to your dealer and get them to contact customer support to order one. Or, you call customer support and complain about your bluetooth. Make it clear you arent happy!!

this is done on a complain only basis!

My dealer has now got a part ordered for my car and has already tested it in their own car. He has tested the new unit and says it much better - just as it should have been!

hope this helps you guys too! remember to complain to customer support

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm having the same issues with the reception with my Nokia N90 and Bluetooth link! 6 times out of 10 it doesn’t link to the unit and when it does callers complain they just can’t hear my transmissions.

I'm currently working in Angola so could anybody please supply me with Nissan Customer support contact details (phone/e-mail) so I can "complain"

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi, the problem you have is no nokias are approved for use with the kit.

you need to get one of the approved phones.

I'll email customer support to get a list and will post it here for people

If you have an approved phone and the reception is poor ( like mine where callers cant hear you! ) you or your dealer need to complaint to customer services

01923 889 334

·
Registered
363 Posts
casperlaurence3 said:
hi, the problem you have is no nokias are approved for use with the kit.

you need to get one of the approved phones.

I'll email customer support to get a list and will post it here for people

If you have an approved phone and the reception is poor ( like mine where callers cant hear you! ) you or your dealer need to complaint to customer services

01923 889 334
Cheers casperlaurence3

Strange Nokia are not on the Nissan approved list, as Nokia hold quite a large sector of the mobile phone market I would have thought they would be at the top of the tree!

I'll be registering my complaint today.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Phones tested and guaranteed as compatible with Navara Bluetooth system :

Nokia 6230, 6260, 6310i, 6810, 6820, 7600, N-Gage, N-Gage QD

Motorola V3, E398, V80, V525, A835, V600

Siemens S65, SK65

Sony Ericsson T68i, T610, Z600, P910, K700i

·
Registered
203 Posts
Further information on the Bluetooth volume of speech problem. I've just been to a dealer in Ripon and the enigneer there reckons that the Mic is on the LHS of the car. I.E. They didn't bother to move it when they converted the car to Right Hand Drive, for the UK Market, so he's going to swap it over on monday for me, so I'll update when they've done this, to see if its any better.

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jpd said:
Phones tested and guaranteed as compatible with Navara Bluetooth system :

Nokia 6230, 6260, 6310i, 6810, 6820, 7600, N-Gage, N-Gage QD

Motorola V3, E398, V80, V525, A835, V600

Siemens S65, SK65

Sony Ericsson T68i, T610, Z600, P910, K700i
Well I have a 6230 and it is still ****. Did improve a bit though after the mike was switched round for RHD. My old V3 used to bring up the signal strength on the screen, but the Nokia doesn't...which is a real pain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi

where did you get your list of approved phones from?

The list I have is

Motorola E398

Motorola V80

Motorola V525

Motorola A835

Motorola V600

Siemens S65

Siemens SK65

Sony Ericsson T68i

Sony EricssonT610

Sony Ericsson Z600

Sony Ericsson P910

Sony Ericsson K700i

Changing the microphone location or changing the background setting levels doesnt always work. sme people are lucky but its not a general fix.

the only way to resolve this is to complain to your dealer and get them to report it to customer services. Or you can call and complain about the poor reception 01923 899 334

the bluetooth unit gets replaced for free.

where did you hear that nokias are approved??

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi

where did you get your list of approved phones from?

The list I have is

Motorola E398

Motorola V80

Motorola V525

Motorola A835

Motorola V600

Siemens S65

Siemens SK65

Sony Ericsson T68i

Sony EricssonT610

Sony Ericsson Z600

Sony Ericsson P910

Sony Ericsson K700i

Changing the microphone location or changing the background setting levels doesnt always work. sme people are lucky but its not a general fix.

the only way to resolve this is to complain to your dealer and get them to report it to customer services. Or you can call and complain about the poor reception 01923 899 334

the bluetooth unit gets replaced for free.

where did you hear that nokias are approved??

·
Registered
4 Posts
For what it's worth, my (older style black) Blackberry works with the bluetooth OK. Shows signal strength 'n' all..... mic quality isn't that great sometimes, but I will be trying the fixes suggested...

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi

true, I just got emailed a new list of approved phones. not all new so I called the "First Contact" (found them on google when desperately trying to find a phone!!!) and they supplied a 6310i.

phone kit works nice now!

here is their info

I was having reception quality problems and had the same CCA 1420 bluetooth controller replaced under warranty.

Nissan only approve the phones below. others will not pair properly. Its a problem with the "firmware" ie software of the phone.

Only the following phones are approved

Nokia 6230
Nokia 6260
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6810
Nokia 6820
Nokia 7600
Nokia N-Gage
Nokia N-Gage QD
Motorola V3
Motorola E398
Motorola V80
Motorola V525
Motorola A835
Motorola V600
Siemens S65
Siemens SK65
Sony Ericsson T68i
Sony EricssonT610
Sony Ericsson Z600
Sony Ericsson P910
Sony Ericsson K700i

I found a company called First Contact

http://www.fc4.co.uk/home1.php

and they supplied me with a 6310i.

From the front page of the website, go to the contact page and email them this list asking for current prices.

My 6310i doesnt loose pairing from the system as my "unapproved" N70 used to!

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi there!

I've contacted First Contact again and they can supply all the following phones

I've listed only the approved phones that are still in production

www.fc4.co.uk go to contact page and ask them for prices!!

NOKIA
6230i

6310i
N Gage

MOTOROLA
V3
E 398
V80
V 525

V 600
SIEMENS
S 65

SONY ERICSON
T 68i
T 610/630

P 910
K 700i

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi there!

I've contacted First Contact again and they can supply all the following phones

I've listed only the approved phones that are still in production

www.fc4.co.uk go to contact page and ask them for prices!!

NOKIA
6230i

6310i
N Gage

MOTOROLA
V3
E 398
V80
V 525

V 600
SIEMENS
S 65

SONY ERICSON
T 68i
T 610/630

P 910
K 700i

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, need a little help, I think my bluetooth unit has broken and I need to know if it can be replaced and where it is located in the vehicle. I have a Navara 2007 Adventra with the sat nav bluetoth integrated unit. Is the bluetooth located in the DVD unit under the seat or in the dash? Thanks

·
Banned
280 Posts
my nokia connects every time i turn the key on and show sig, and its a clear as a bell for me even when other half is out in it her fone connect ok and sounds as clear as a bell as well must have a good one, as for the mikes being the wrong side it take 2 seconds to swap, pull the panel out turn it round and push it back up its kids play to do :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts