Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, i'm from Melbourne and i have a STX 2.5, i just found this place by searching 4wd forums, my ute has done 9000klm and has not had a problem apart from the recalls, it's auto and i tow a trailer every day, i'll do an economy search as i'm looking to see the mileage others are getting when loaded.

Nick

·
Registered
221 Posts
ow ya goin nick
nice to see another tradie on board.
Well i bet you are getting better economy than mine...i get about 16lts/100 kms with 600+kgs in the back (plumber) mainly city driving.....but i do have a V6.
What are you doing about suspension? I used EFS and it gave me about 2" of lift fully loaded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
navara-au said:
ow ya goin nick
Well i bet you are getting better economy than mine...i get about 16lts/100 kms with 600+kgs in the back (plumber) mainly city driving.....but i do have a V6.
What are you doing about suspension? I used EFS and it gave me about 2" of lift fully loaded.
I'm getting 15lts/100 that's with the tub full of tools and 1 ton or so of trailer, i think the manuals would be better, the auto takes me up hills at 2700rpm while a manual i could go up a gear use the torque.
The suspension is fine for me, sits level with the trailer on, i bought the car to tow and get access to slippery work sites, last week a mate with a 2 wheel drive Triton couldn't back up a steep gravel driveway, i put the Navara in 4low and backed the trailer up with no wheel spin ! i love it.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Love the Colour ( same colour as mine) Sunlight and warmth does it far more Justice than Grey cold weather we have here :(
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
221 Posts
You done any off roading and touring yet?....I tell ya its brilliant for that.
I havent been fussed on it with all the previous 4x4's i have owned (the last one never got put in 4 wheel drive for 2 years).
Like you they have only been for work, but the nav is great to drive on and off road.
The V6 has plenty of power loaded up or not, but it just sucks the fuel.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Brian the Snail said:
Love the Colour ( same colour as mine) Sunlight and warmth does it far more Justice than Grey cold weather we have here :(
Welcome to the site
Yeah Brian the sun shine is great.....but you can have too much of a good thing. Skin cancer is a real problem here, us who have the good old lillywhite English skin suffer for it mate..........but then again there is all those young ladies walking around exposing as much skin as possible....and ya cant complain about that. 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
navara-au said:
ow ya goin nick
I'm starting to think a 2" lift would be nice, who/what are EFS, do you have a link ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
http://www.efs4wd.com.au/

If you do a suspension lift make sure you replace all your springs and shocks other wise your ride will be ****. It will also be a bit harder ride so you will need to slow down for the speed bumps.. :lol:

There is actually about a dozen different suspension brands on the market at the moment....but be warned a lot are having problems with the D40 for various reason.

Make sure you get the right set up for your truck. I got 300kg load rated springs in the rear to carry all my work stuff so when its fully loaded (800kg) I'm still about 40mm above standard. The big problem with that is when it is unloaded it sits about 70mm above standard and the a$$ end bounces around. You can usually get 3 sizes 300 kg , 150kg and standard. Note if you get heavy duty you will need longer brake hoses ($88).

The same with the front (3 choices). i have an all alloy V6 with no bull bar, so it is about 50mm in the front. Yours might not be so high maybe 40mm with the heavier diesel.

The up side of upgrading the suspension is better ground clearance, you can load it up without hitting the bump stops, less body roll and most importantly it looks tuffer.. :wink:

Arb have theres out at the moment to, but i wasn't very impressed. not much lift and there rear springs looked pretty ordinary. I did use there front shocks, because EFS still didn't have any at the time, but they should by now. The whole lot ended up costing about $1500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Black_Rat said:
Nick a quick question ? what type of tyres do the D40s come out with from of the dealer ?

Damo
They brand is Continental, they are a road biased tyre, they ride well and are quiet, size is 255/70-16.\I don't mimd them but i prefer the look of all terrains.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.