Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Black D40 Aventura
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Navara that needs new tailgate struts. She's fitted with a Snugtop and the existing struts are shot. I've trawled the previous threads and can find a definitive answer as to which struts to buy. What strength/weight etc? I've seen struts from 14lbs each to 45lbs each!
I have a load more irritating questions for you all but, I'll get this one sorted first :LOL:
Many thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
I've not seen a definitive answer. Are there numbers on the old ones? Somebody like SGS engineering should be able to help if so.

·
Registered
Black D40 Aventura
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not seen a definitive answer. Are there numbers on the old ones? Somebody like SGS engineering should be able to help if so.
Well, I guess there not doing anything anyway, might as well remove them and look for clues (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an older snugtop on my Nav and used SGS Engineering, as previously suggested. I took off one of the old struts and used the part no on SGS' website and ordered replacements which have been good. The code on my old ones were C1619477 and i think their code is N65638. Make sure you order two in the quantity box. They were around £24 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts