Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my renewal for my insurance has jumped steeply up with adrian flux, looking for any good insurance companies that dont charge the earth.

steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
Try Chris knott based in Hastings. They very good for me but I have a ‘cheaper’ postcode.

I renewed the truck with admiral this year they were the cheapest on the meerkats.... Chris knott still does the mrs’ and sons tho.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
We have a fleet policy with a company called Rural ins they can only be accessed through a broker and they wont insure everybody(As it says on the tin they are for rural dwellers) , They are very good on service ,claims and price even have a 20yo on one of the vehicles . They were half the price of NFU and equal in quality of service all our other insurances are with NFU .

Dont get me started on Adrian Flux they have treated my young step daughter appallingly wouldnt touch them with a bargepole anymore.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The trouble is, "good" can mean on price, or good on service and claims, or both.

Fortunately, most of us don't make claims very often, so most of us can't comment on that part, but we all find out about price every year!

I believe there is data "out there" that is a kind of customer satisfaction index for how claims are handled, but not sure where to find it....

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was quoted WAY over the odds by my current insurance company, as i could not mirror my 9 years of NCB with them.
so a quick look on compare the market and i'm now insured with Autonet who quoted me almost 10x less, as they are able to mirror my NCB.
plus i now get meerkat movies ;)

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
The trouble is, "good" can mean on price, or good on service and claims, or both.

Fortunately, most of us don't make claims very often, so most of us can't comment on that part, but we all find out about price every year!

I believe there is data "out there" that is a kind of customer satisfaction index for how claims are handled, but not sure where to find it....

I recently had a slow speed head on in my Nav, and my insurance company have been such a horror to deal with I’m paying 30% more to insure with someone else.

My two chief complaints were their call centre is based in the Philippines, so the staff were difficult for me to understand and entirely unfamiliar with local road etiquette for narrow bush tracks, and that they insisted that as I had no witnesses or dash cam would be held liable, even though it was blatantly not my fault.

The other guy’s company just believed his BS story without question. I’m going with them.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
In the UK, half of call centres for various services seem to have been farmed out abroad. And I don't mean even to somewhere where English is a first language...

Given a choice, even a costlier one, I try avoid any companies that skimp on costs by having foreign call centres - not a racist thing, but I'd rather talk to someone who had the faintest idea what I was trying to say.... I don't give a flying-f to hear an accented "and you have yourself a great day" etc etc - gimme a plain talker who understood my issue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts