Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would appear from most of the Navara's i see being driven on the road that i'm not the only one who likes to take advantage of the fact we have a quick truck. Has anyone uprated the brakes yet? Admittedly i've driven vehicles with alot worse, but also alot better, anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Someone has to let us know if a rear disc upgrade is possible!!!???
I feel the same, i have driven worse but the navara feels like it only brakes at the front and it needs balancing!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I would be very surprised to see a Drum ( Rear ) upgrade, as they would have to be upgraded to Discs.

As fo rthe fronts, Try Tarox, they are very good for disc and pad upgrades.
As i would expect the fronts to be the same as the Pathfinder

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try adjusting the load sensing valve a little, done mine after i uprated the rear springs as the back sits up a little higher, feels alot better and not so much brake dust on the front wheels.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Be careful! The last thing you want is the back locking up before the front...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Pathfinder had rear disc brakes, might do some more investigation but for the mean time, thanks for the advice, i will change the front discs and pads.
Many thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
in theory you will be able to use pathfinder disc kit on the back of the Navara i have had a breif look at both though there is a fair bit of work.
if you want to improve the breaking performance cheaply then upgrade the break hoses to braided items this will make them feel much better.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Pathfinder also has a lot more mass in the back, so it CAN have disks in the back. Dont even think about going down that route, unless you want to create a Widowmaker :lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
that is an interesting thought. you would need to be able to adjust the bias according to the load you are carrying. however that is not the reason disc's have not been fitted. one was cost and the other is that with a load drums are more efficiant at breaking.....which is why they are so widely used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts