Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just recently bought a nav with an armadillo roll top. The drainage is all in but when it rains water seems to get in and run down the bed of the truck. Anyone know how to make this any more waterproof? I know there not 100% watertight but i would like it a bit more than it is.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,594 Posts
These type of covers often leak where the cannister housing has been poorly fitted, sometimes the housing is too far back from the cab, and not making a proper seal. To remedy this, you'll need to loosen the fixings and edge the housing towards the rear of the cab, then tighten up the fixings.

If the housing is all ok, then the water is probably getting through the sides of the tailgate, this can be me made a little more watertight with some sealing tape, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12744 :wink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
My dealer did a real S**T job at fitting my cover,
as you said two of my tubes/pipes broke but i cut them back as they were already too long and drilled new holes.
I put sealent around the edges of the cover itself, especially where there were gaps between the paintwork and cover.
I put a rubber seal around the top edge between the tailgate and cover to stop any water getting in through that small gap.
I removed that large bit of metal underneath the load liner bit for the tailgate and done away with that, my cover and tailgate now shut perfect without it and there is no gap between itt.
Touch wood, its been water tight since then.
Its started opening when going down the motorway as the dealer forgot to put spacers in so thats another thing that needs to be done.
Not good for a grand option... hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Its more than likely also condensation. The ally slats of the shutter will cause cold bridging and water will condensate on the underside of the shutter. Nowt you can do about it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to get on this thread so late but I am having so many problems with mine.

I will never recommend this roll top to anyone. My top arrived bashed and buckled and the company just advised me to bend it back and fit it and it has never worked properly. (Understandably that is a shipping issue)

Also, what they don’t tell you under the description is when it’s freezing outside, your roll top also freezes and you can’t open it, if you do need to get in you then end up ripping all the waterproofing because it gets stuck on the brushes and then you either try and re fit the tape which is a painful task because you need to take it all off again. (And you pay a fortune for their tape or use some duct tape).

The clamps were all bowed (which I thought was normal until recently looking at spares) so they don’t clamp the sides on fully so they’re always moving about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts