Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2012 D40 that has had the code P102b code for over a year. I have taken the car to Nissan dealer's, mechanic's, everywhere. The sensor has been changed twice, the car has even had a new tune to reduce the boost spike it was having. The last time this code came up the EGT temp was only 220c no where near the extreme's. The car threw this code while driving up hill at 70kms and felt like the car was labouring and taking longer to change down a gear, almost to the point of putting my foot to the floor before it changed down a gear and that's when the code came up. Does anyone have any ideas please

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
Firstly, some Nissan confusion on the code.

The 2011 year is a cut over from euro4 and 5, so the code might be the MAF or the EGT.

I would certainly make sure the MAF is clean (MAF cleaner)

Has the EGR been blanked? If so, remove the blank. A blanked EGR will spike the temperatures. Likewise if the EGR pipe is blocked with soot the same can happen.

The other possibilities are that either the catalytic converter or the dpf have become partially blocked.

Quite a long list of possibilities I'm afraid, but not a very common issue.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly, some Nissan confusion on the code.

The 2011 year is a cut over from euro4 and 5, so the code might be the MAF or the EGT.

I would certainly make sure the MAF is clean (MAF cleaner)

Has the EGR been blanked? If so, remove the blank. A blanked EGR will spike the temperatures. Likewise if the EGR pipe is blocked with soot the same can happen.

The other possibilities are that either the catalytic converter or the dpf have become partially blocked.

Quite a long list of possibilities I'm afraid, but not a very common issue.
Thank you for your reply, The vehicle does not have a cat and it's not a DPF model either. When I purchased the car a year ago I found a reciept for ERG blanking. The connection to the EGR had been disconnected, I was lead to believe the EGR delete was completed by the tuning company. Since then the car has been retuned and EGR connector reconnected, maybe there is a blanking plate too, I will have to inspect when I get home. In saying that when the code came up the EGT was 220c which I was surprised about. Again thank you for your assistance

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
Just how I bought the car, I have not touched it at all.
Just a thought or 2

What happens if you unplug the the EGT?

Maybe you could remove the the EGT and put a bolt in the hole?

As it is a custom exhaust, could they have put the sensor too close to the engine?

Maybe if you moved the EGT further downstream it would be less affected?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey mate,
How did you get on with the egt code?
I have a 2013 D40 Spain build and it’s just started throwing the P102b code.
Have been searching for answers and saw your conversation did you get it cleared up or not and how?
cheers.
Hey mate, still throwing codes. It came up today just after i took the cruise control off after an hour of driving with it on. I went to accelerate and Bang limp mode and the code. Its due into the shop AGAIN in early Jan. But ill keep you posted

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone, so I bought a multimeter (auto ranging) disconnected the egt sensor but left it screwed into the car. Continuity testing gave me no readings only open circuit and resistance testing was 71.2 and136.7 (it was hard to keep the probes on) does this mean anything? big question has the sensor had it? If so is this why I would get intermittent codes every now and then?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts