Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It has never even had a towbar fitted to it and the 35000 miles are definitely genuine as I know the person I bought it from who bought it brand new.

How easy is it to pick up a second second hand auto box and what price should I expect to pay for one?
I would much prefer it if blue navaras thoughts about changing the reverse valve only could be done.
Is it worth a shot?

Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
Replacing the valve or the whole valve body will not cure burnt clutches and brakes inside the transmission, even if the valve is the cause of the fault.
This is way I asked you to check the ATF, only if ATF is ok then valve fix could do the trick.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Grease donkey is exactly right. Because the problems starts with incorrect valve moment which results in burning the plates and not the other way around, you may yet have a chance to rectify the root cause before too much damage is done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
WE have an update!

I have just received both Sonnax valves and hopefuly the correct one will be fitted on Saturday. Does anybody know if there is any way of identifying the reverse valve from the other ones????? Does anyone have a diagram?

Also does anybody know what ATF can be used? Can the likes of Dexron 2 or 3 be used and if so which one. I know that I need 10.3 litres of it. Any help would be much appreciated?

Hopefuly I will have a working Navara for christmas.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You have about 11MB in your email inbox.... As I PM'd use only Nissan J matic or Infinity S matic.
It's not a quality thing as with engine oil (mineral vs synthetic), its mostly a viscosity and friction properties issue. Anything different, even if its of excellent quality, will make the tranny behave differently.

·
Registered
564 Posts
ddevine01 said:
WE have an update!

I have just received both Sonnax valves and hopefuly the correct one will be fitted on Saturday. Does anybody know if there is any way of identifying the reverse valve from the other ones????? Does anyone have a diagram?

Also does anybody know what ATF can be used? Can the likes of Dexron 2 or 3 be used and if so which one. I know that I need 10.3 litres of it. Any help would be much appreciated?

Hopefuly I will have a working Navara for christmas.

Thanks
valve body diagram !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Navara community, I am having this exact problem with my 2005 pathfinder that ddevine01 had. I have had 5 different mechanics tell me 5 different things to do... can anyone help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cant thank you enough for all of that information. I will wait and see if any of the other guys on here come back with anything tonight.

I am due home from offshore tomorrow so fingers crossed I will be able to get my navara fixed before christmas.

Thanks
Hi,
I am wondering did you ever get the problem with reverse sort as I have the same issue with my 2016 Navara auto. When I select reverse takes ages to engage or when I rev it it will bang into reverse. Did you ever get yo the route of the problem?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure was, they said it was probably an internal problem, its being like this now for the past 3 months

21 - 35 of 35 Posts