Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2017 Nissan navara np300 tekna with the stop start . I got it second hand. I noticed when I bought it that the battery was a bit small for the truck it's a 620amp 72ah. Im going to put in a good agm 850amp 95ah. Just want to make sure that it won't mess anything up. Pretty sure it shouldn't but just want to double check. Stop start doesn't work and I'm putting that down to the smaller battery. Cheers
Matt

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts
Always worth a battery upgrade, no it won't be a problem going with the higher capacity.

As for the stop start, apparently it seldom works. Mostly because it only works when the following conditions are met:

Aircon off
Lights off
Battery above 75% charge (something like that)
Engine up to temperature
Not towing
Plus some more I can't remember.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The stop/start on the NP300 is rrrrrubbish. It may as well not be there. You can add to the list above: -
Gears in neutral.
Handbrake on.
Fans not on.
Heated rear screen not on.
Not on an incline
Wind must be blowing from the west
Not on any day with a Y in it......

·
Registered
102 Posts
As above really, had the battery on my 2016.5 NP300 changed under warranty. Well known issue with the FIAMM batteries used affecting various Nissan's. I found stop / start to be ok'ish. A bit annoying sometimes. But for the last year or so I'm just in the habit of hitting the button that disables it as soon as I start the car now. Second nature and never give the stop / start a thought anymore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As above really, had the battery on my 2016.5 NP300 changed under warranty. Well known issue with the FIAMM batteries used affecting various Nissan's. I found stop / start to be ok'ish. A bit annoying sometimes. But for the last year or so I'm just in the habit of hitting the button that disables it as soon as I start the car now. Second nature and never give the stop / start a thought anymore.

Also got a new battery under warranty after less than 3 years, original battery would not start the engine if radio left on without engine for say 30 mins, it was a FIAMM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts