Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello what's the average cost of replacing a BCM. Finger pointing towards being faulty due to central locking issue.

Bournemouth, Dorset.

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
You can pick up a used one for £30 and plug it in.
Then it needs to be coded to the truck, that's likely to be a few hundred.

Not an expert, but you can avoid the recording of you use the instrument cluster and keys from the donor vehicle. Check that out on eBay.

Why do you think the bcm has failed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can pick up a used one for £30 and plug it in.
Then it needs to be coded to the truck, that's likely to be a few hundred.

Not an expert, but you can avoid the recording of you use the instrument cluster and keys from the donor vehicle. Check that out on eBay.

Why do you think the bcm has failed?
Hello, thanks for your reply.

The central locking is being an issue.
Started with the rear passenger door not unlocking or locking when using the key fob, now the drivers door is doing the same. I used the internal lock button, which was successful on the rear door but not the drivers door.

I can press the internal lock button and still open the drivers door from outside. (Window down or another person outside)

Reading the forums, people have suggested changing the bcm who had similar faults.

I was wondering how much it costs, as to weigh up if I can live with out central locking due to already having to spend £700 on repairs in the first month of owning.

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
It could just be the door locks, it would be worth checking with a multi meter that the locks are getting the lock pulse, you can get to the wiring by lifting the threshold strip.
Also make sure the switches that sense the door is open are working and turning the interior lights on and off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts