Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My body and tub have been removed for a chassis overhaul and are going in for a full respray while off.
The trucks always been matt black since I've owned it and I love the rough/rugged look of it, I would say its somewhat Mad max style and as such I was opting for matt black again.

however my painter keeps nagging me that although she will do it, she believes after putting in all this work she thinks I should go for either a unique colour or jet gloss black.
At first I was very anti to her idea as I'm quite stubborn but it's been playing on my mind.

Having spent a few days googling different trucks and colours, it's clear that some colours just don't suit the d40 so I thought I would ask some opinions from you lovely people about anything interesting you may have seen?
It' sits on 21" black d22 alloys and spacers
Thanks

·
Administrator
4,897 Posts
imo dark colours suit the navara better
I don't know how it would look on a nav but I love a bronze metal flake over black paint!

Reactions: Deegan1979

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I caved and ordered jet black base coat and matt 2k clear again. However I am going to accent some parts in satin black along with the alloys. No change but will be fresh paint on a well prepped body.
In the meantime I have bought some replacement wings to experiment with making wider arches that are identical to the OEM look rather than the bolt on plastic arch flairs. Lots of cutting and welding ahead

·
Administrator
4,897 Posts
I caved and ordered jet black base coat and matt 2k clear again. However I am going to accent some parts in satin black along with the alloys. No change but will be fresh paint on a well prepped body.
In the meantime I have bought some replacement wings to experiment with making wider arches that are identical to the OEM look rather than the bolt on plastic arch flairs. Lots of cutting and welding ahead
You know there is a very close the oem wide arch kit available for the d40?
I believe there's actually one for sale in the forsale section now!
The seller not been online for a while now but if your interested I can ping his email for you!

Reactions: Deegan1979

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know there is a very close the oem wide arch kit available for the d40?
I believe there's actually one for sale in the forsale section now!
The seller not been online for a while now but if your interested I can ping his email for you!
Hi, thanks for the heads up, yes please I'll definitely make an enquiry with him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts