Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i first got my nav i put it in 4 wheel drive went to pull away and it stalled as if it was a bit stiff, after a second go it broke free and off i went. Thought it was probably because it had not been used in 4x4 ever as it was a family owned vehicle.
However today i noticed a squeeking like a belt was loose when in 2wd put it into 4 and it disappeared. Then when i went to do a turn on full lock the drive of the vehicle felt like it was going stiff and i stalled it. Stuck it back in 2wd again and it was fine.
Anyone know what this is?

Paul

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had a read. could this problem because it doesn't have a "center diff" in inverted commas as im not sure what that is exactly just read a post saying you shouldn't have it in 4wd on tarmac as the wheels cant spin? Am i correct in thinking its something to do with the wheels spinning independently? so the problem could be me putting pressure on the drive shafts or something. Hope i havnt confused too many people as i have myself!

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Dont run it 4wd! thats only for the likes of lose gravel snow etc.....

stay in 2wd......only change to 4wd it you get stuck or lose traction in 2wd

what you experienced it transmission wind up! NOT GOOD!!

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
anonomoose said:
Oh poo. Will it have done damage? It was only for a second or two
Prob not matey, i did exactly the same when i got mine :lol: :lol: and its been fine :thumbright:

normally damage when you run for long periods and then it would prob snapp at drive shaft etc....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phew. Cheers for your help. I had all sorts of things going through my mind about how much it was going to cost me. I shouldn't be allowed nice things. I only break them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When i first got my nav i put it in 4 wheel drive went to pull away and it stalled as if it was a bit stiff, after a second go it broke free and off i went. Thought it was probably because it had not been used in 4x4 ever as it was a family owned vehicle.
However today i noticed a squeeking like a belt was loose when in 2wd put it into 4 and it disappeared. Then when i went to do a turn on full lock the drive of the vehicle felt like it was going stiff and i stalled it. Stuck it back in 2wd again and it was fine.
Anyone know what this is?

Paul
Personally I am over Nissans.wish I had of kept my old 94 model.It would still be going.The just keep your wallet empty.

·
Administrator
4,897 Posts
As above the 4wd system hasn't got any differential control so the front wheels turn at the same speed as the rear. And when turning on a surface that the tires can't slip this becomes a problem! (when turning the front wheels travel further than the rear)
Best to use your truck as a rear wheel drive, with a "get out of jail free card" if you do ever get stuck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts