Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Also guys..can you advise..if it’s put on diagnostic machine,will it def tell the problem of why puffing out black smoke..if so it’s worth the £ 50.00
Feel my garage now just scratching they heads..

·
Banned
354 Posts
Hi guys.
I,m taking it on a good run next week,gonna cover about 100 miles,will see if this helps…not holding my breath mind you..and doubtfull
Carry out a hard reset by disconnecting the posi battery lead for a while, turn the ignition key on and of a few times before connecting the posi lead back on, This will reset the control units, Go to Halfords and get some turbo diesel cleaner wynns add to fuel before you take it for a run.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi.
I,ve also got a bottle of this stuff,which I bought and never used,before the new injectors..
Can I put this in as well as the wynns turbo cleaner?do I do the hard reset before I take it for a run?
Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi guys..
Just out of interest…what does a hard reset do actually?
Why is this necessary?
And is the learning mode thing..same as a hard reset…
Sorry just very naive around these things,
But getting a good learning curve from all you guys
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi guys..
Just an update..took it for a good run yesterday,to try de coke..got home late and dark..so will update later,to inform if smoke free..or the same..
On another note..I noticed the clutch was slipping..no juddering..
So now looking at new clutch..do I need dmf or smf.?
Only use around town..never worked..never tow..
Will I need another flywheel?
Nav 2009..129 k…made in Spain..
Help and advice greatly appreciated as always.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
C
Hi guys.
Navara D40..2009..129k
Ok guys,would be really grateful for your thoughts,as I,m at my wits end with this..
Took my nav in to garage,needed new cylinder head,and new head gasket..this was completed with a complete full service…also had new duplex trimming chains..
Collected my nav,after spending a fortune on it…worth it though,as it is immaculate..
It now drives absolutely perfect,no mis fire,no rough idle,does not mis a beat..computer says it averages 16 mpg….that’s around town…nav is only ever used driving around town…
The problem I now have,which I did not before..is black smoke coming out when accelerating..
When I say black smoke,I mean plumes of it..it fills the whole road behind,as where other vehicles have to stop,so bad can’t use my nav on the road…I also noticed a pinging noise when accelerating..
When idling it’s silent,no smoke,idles perfect,and very quite..perfect…no whistle from turbo..point that out..
So took back to garage,for investigation..
Garage contacts me and says injectors have been sent away,and all 4 are shot to pieces,in fact so bad..garage can’t make out how on earth the motor was running so well…
So to cure the black smoke,was told new injectors are needed..more expense..
So new injectors have been fitted..picked the motor up…but not completely smoke free still,drove it home..drives like brand new,but still giving out puffs of black smoke when accelerating,need to be clear on this..no where near as much as it did before..I can drive it without filling the road up with smoke..nevertheless after paying out so much money..I don’t expect it to give out any black smoke,or very little to say the least..but as said..still giving out a puff of black smoke..
Spoke to my garage team,whom I see as good guys,as they take care of my work vans..
Been advised by garage to take it on a long run…to blow it out?i,m not convinced this will cure the puffs of black smoke…but will give it a go….
In the meantime,any cures,suggestions,Imput,thoughts,remedies would be greatly appreciated from you guys…
Has my garage guys mis diagnosed with these injectors?
Because was told once new injectors fitted that would cure the black smoke problem..
Well it’s made it,by far much better,but not smoke free?
Thanks guys.
Check the little vaccum hose from turbo waste gate

21 - 36 of 36 Posts