Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we get a "how to" to bleed the clutch system?
This is often overlooked and would be something very handy for a lot of people I reckon.
From what I remember seeing the bleed nipple is quite difficult to get to but it is possible.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Can we get a "how to" to bleed the clutch system?

This is often overlooked and would be something very handy for a lot of people I reckon.

From what I remember seeing the bleed nipple is quite difficult to get to but it is possible.

Go on then....

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
The challenge with bleeding the clutch is the air bubbles want to float back up while you're trying to pump them down through the bleed nipple in the slave cylinder.

Some kind of either vacuum or pressurised bleeding tool would be of advantage.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have reverse bled a few clutch slave cylinders in the past using an lever oil can.
Use a piece clear flexi-hose from the can filled will brake fluid, and place it on the slack bleed nipple.
Then pump the brake fluid out the can into the slave cylinder, thus pushing any air inline back up to the reservoir.
Make sure to leave a bit of space in the reservoir to take the brake fluid.
I found that I would pump the oil can, then nip the bleed nipple, then try the pedal a few times, then repeat until you get clutch action.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi bit of a noob but I wanted to know where the bleed nipple is effectively where the slave cylinder is?
any help would be much appreciated

·
Administrator
11,675 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When you have a minute, pop over to the intro section and say hello.

The slave cylinder is attached to the gearbox on the underside, a bit on passenger side if my memory works, you will find it easily enough when you get underneath the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts