Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
i wouldn't mind them putting mud on my truck, it just saves me going off-road to get that 'real truck in the country look'.. :wink:

·
Registered
581 Posts
These people realy P*** me off. My navara is more economical than my petrol vectra. probably more so than most mid to high end saloon cars aswell. :evil:

Also who do those people ask to pull them out of the mud, snow and sand?
I bet it's not the bloke in the 1.0 corsa is it? :evil:

Nothing but WANKERS. :evil:

Sorry about the swearing but it had to be said.

·
Registered
566 Posts
att,
If you'd like to take part - here is how to contact David:

"Meeting on Tuesday 12th December in Clifton
by David Rose - Alliance Against Urban 4x4s Sunday, Dec 10 2006, 1:37am
[email protected]

We are going to have our 1st meeting on Tuesday 12th December at 8.30pm at the Lansdown pub ( 8 Clifton Road,Clifton,Bristol,BS8 1AF). They have a large table (seats up to 15/20 people) in a tent outside (which is heated) and I'll try and to get that - or they have a more private room upstairs. My mobile is 07817 447 406 in case anyone cannot find us. Everyone is welcome to discuss the group's strategy and tactics."

"We are planning to launch the Bristol Group on the 14t/15th of January with a city wide - two days of action against urban 4x4s."
I have to say - Obviously, I have nothing to do with David or his campaign..[/quote]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Attaboy !! :wink:

I had to laugh when I saw the post on a Land Rover Forum that someone has given his details to the local Dealer and asked them to call back with a time for a test drive of a Rangie Sport !! :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
My email to Mr Rose

Dear Sir.

I quote from an article in the Bristol Press:

“These vehicles never seem to be used for what they were intended.”

Can you please state to me how you know this?

Are you following people around?

Yes, you are right, I do drive a 4x4 and am getting sick and fed up of people just singling out one small part of the worlds polluters as the bad guy.

I am sure your heart is in the right place and you are concerned about our planet like many of us.

I think that if your arguments are more reasoned then you will get a better reception from even 4x4 drivers that use their vehicle as it was intended. I’m sure that you have no gripe against vehicles that are put to the use that they were intended for but with all the media hype and press at the moment it seems that every car with four driven wheels is under attack. That has got to be wrong.

On my commute to work I see many cars of all shapes and sizes, smart cars to Rolls Royce’s. They are driven from home to office and back again. Why? If I had an office job then I would be on the train/bus, or at the very least driving to a local train station and doing a park and ride. This isn’t about a “4x4” been the monster, its about any car journey that can be avoided.

When I was young, I walked to school. Didn’t matter what the weather was like, I walked. I walked 3 mile a day to and from school. Mothers using these so called Chelsea tractors to take their kids 500 yards to school are morons. In fact, any parent who drives their kids to school on a regular basis is a moron. They want their kids to be safe on their way to school? Well, get them same cars off the road and the journey for them WILL be safer. The drivers taking the kids to school are the problem they are defending their kids from!!!

Like I say, the stereo-typical parent taking the little one to school in a big car (with big engine, high emissions) is silly. Driving a 4x4 to the office every day is even more moronic. Please please please, get some sense and target these people with your campaign(s) rather than just a blanket anti-4x4 campaign. You and your group will earn more respect this way because you are looking at facts rather than media hype.

"If you live in the country you obviously may need one for off-road driving, but not in Bristol."

Does that mean that if you live in the country side you can’t visit Bristol city centre without threat of attack with mud?

Or, do those that live out in the sticks buy a second car for the city and so creating more environmental damage?

I drive a Nissan Navara. It’s a company vehicle. Not to dodge tax by the way. I work as a field engineer. I could, run my own car to take my family around when needed, but would have to be a medium to large car to hold 5 of us in any level of comfort and safety. I would then, of course need a company van to use for my work. This combination would cause more environmental damage in the long run than just running the Navara. Two vehicles would have to be made, run, serviced (oil, tyres etc) rather than the one that does both jobs well. Again, this is another use that can be justified in environmental terms but you sitting at home can’t see that. Not as I would expect you too of course, just another comment to show that you can’t judge all 4x4’s the same.

Today, my 4x4 has been through a farmer’s field, up a hillside (like 1.5 miles up a steep, rocky, heavily rutted track) but tomorrow it will be parked in the city centre.

So, again, please tell me how “These vehicles never seem to be used for what they were intended.”

Your blanket campaign on 4x4’s falls down on just one sentence:

I used to drive a Nissan X-trail with 4wd. It was shorter, narrower, more economical and emitted less than co2 than a mid-range Mondeo. How many Mondeo’s do you post your fake fines on?

Think I know the answer to that one.

Just to point something else out to you…. My family and I do actively re-cycle. This admittedly is a recent thing. We spent just under £100 on some stackable boxes and shelving for our pantry just for this. We separate any paper, plastic, tin; aluminum and glass out from our household waste and take to the local dump what the council doesn’t collect. Take a journey down to your local dump that has recycling facilities. Just watch the number of people that just dump everything into the skips/compactor without sorting it. They just can’t be bothered to walk an extra few yards to put cardboard etc in the right skip. Last week I watched the proud owner of a Toyota Prius who thought he was doing the right thing by buying that car (god, how wrong was he?) empty 4 full cardboard boxes of rubbish into the compactor. 2 of the boxes were just cardboard. All of it went in the compactor (which is just for land-fill) rather than the cardboard skip.

So, from the outside Mr (or Mrs) 4x4 owner is the bad guy, polluting our environment and not really giving a stuff yet the Toyota driver is the sandal wearing do-gooder that cares for the environment and is carbon neutral.

Don’t judge the book by its cover.

Thanks for listening

Steve Tomkinson

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh My God, they're throwing mud on 4x4's... That must have taken alot of thought, what a bunch of small minded "people!"

14th?? Count me in! I'll see if i can get a bull bar fitted in time! Do we go off roading the day before so that the nav's are muddy and it proves we use them, or have them shiny and sparkly to wind them up a bit more?

·
Registered
175 Posts
anyone know how to heavily spam his mobile with the same garbage he spouts?

mature student, over 40, activist, lobbyist......... in other words, a complete tit! :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.