Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I really hope someone can help, a couple of week ago my d40 was showing signs of bad Injectors so I took them all off and sent them away to be tested. Turns out all 4 were rubbish in one way or another so I've got them all reconditioned and reinstalled them. I'm now getting a mix of blue and black smoke, Injector rattle at low revs and the smoke gets worse the longer the truck is ran for. The smoke is very heavy as well and has a burnt oil smell.

It's worth saying when I reinstalled the new Injectors I also serviced the truck

2007 d40, 108,000miles with egr and dpf delete.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you refit the injectors back to there original cylinders as they are coded to each cylinder and worth trying an ECU reset
Thanks for replying, all injectors came with new codes and have been coding in to the truck. I have also tried the ecu reset but no joy

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
Have you tried a full reset (disconnect both battery terminals and leave disconnected for a while and reconnect) and cleaned maf sensor

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried a full reset (disconnect both battery terminals and leave disconnected for a while and reconnect) and cleaned maf sensor
Nope I'll go disconnect the battery now and leave it till the morning, I'm hoping its something as simple as that don't fancy spending another load of money haha. Gonna call my local garage tomorrow and see if they can do a comparison test as well just incase its something more serious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope I'll go disconnect the battery now and leave it till the morning, I'm hoping its something as simple as that don't fancy spending another load of money haha. Gonna call my local garage tomorrow and see if they can do a comparison test as well just incase its something more serious.
Right checked the oil yesterday morning so completely cold and it was to the top mark on the dip stick, checked again this and its half way down the dip stick! I've only done 20 or so miles so definitely could be something relatively serious I'm thinking

·
Administrator
13,642 Posts
It does sound serious, do you think the problem existed before putting in new injectors?
A compression test should tell you if there is some internal damage to the engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does sound serious, do you think the problem existed before putting in new injectors?
A compression test should tell you if there is some internal damage to the engine.
Its hard to say to be honest because when the Injectors failed there was alot of black smoke haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I’ve pulled the injectors. The injector from cylinder 1 is wet with what looks like oil and gunky but doesn’t look like oil is leaking from injector seal so must coming from below so possibly piston rings which I’m guessing won’t be a cheap job haha.

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
How many miles have those injectors done since the recon you say 2 weeks and cylinder 1 is definitely the culprit, need to do a compression check and or leak down test.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many miles have those injectors done since the recon you say 2 weeks and cylinder 1 is definitely the culprit, need to do a compression check and or leak down test.
The new Injectors have only done approximately 30 miles, Injector 1 is going back to be tested to see if any damage has been done. The truck is going to be recovered to my local garage for compression test as I don't have equipment and it's getting beyond my capability level haha.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts