Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2020 Navara Tekna that i initially used with a Samsung Galaxy phone without any problem receiving and answering 'hands free' calls. Alas I changed the phone to an Iphone SE 2020 and then discovered that after initial setting the new phone up with bluetooth - without problems, subsequently after a few days the phone calls using 'hands free' developed into the caller hearing me via the Navara mic but i could only hear the caller via the phone headset.
The phone has up-to-date firmwear and Apple report no known faults. I found on the web that some other manufacturers of phone have reported similar faults on other vehicles (Masda etc) but i have not seen anything specific with Nissan and iPhone. I have tried turning bluetooth on/off on phone/Navara without any change to the problem - Strange but irritating problem that requires me to stop driving and then call the caller back - without handsfree!
Does anyone have any experience of such ? Is it the Navara bluetooth or the iPhone?

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
There certainly have been issues with iphones on the D40 and the D23.

Actually, some Android phones too. (I had an Android that displayed the exact symptoms and I never got it to work)

Sometimes forgetting from both devices and then re-pairing works. Also clearing off any other paired devices.

In answer to you question, it is the phone that is at fault for not being compatible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I have no issues with Iphone 8.

Have you tried plugging the phone in to the USB near the gear knob and using carplay? much better in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts