Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!!

Great to see a Navara site up!

Used to have a Toyota Hi Lux as a lad and always wanted a proper rig .

So I dumped "the Best Car in The World", BMW 530D Tourer, and got myself an '06 Aventura Double Cab in Black........and I have not looked back...completely hooked.

More FUN, more KIT (Birdseye SATNAV is spectacular), more ROOM (in back and front), more ATTITUDE, more EVERYTHINg really. BMW eat your heart out!

Wife and kids Luuurve it, too!

The only thing I can knock it on is the Drum brakes on the back. Why on earth could Nissan not fit the disk setup from the PAthfinder, I will never know!

When are you going to setup a Navara Club Day with off roading etc?? That would be cool.

All the best

Onwards and Upwards.

The Dude

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thats really great to hear mate, you don't get many ex-BMW men admitting that there is better stuff coming from the Japs :lol:

An off road day would be great I think, this forum has only been up and running since late last week so we haven't really progressed to that stage yet (we nearly all got to go and have a go on Spike's Ducati though :lol: ), I think we should consider it for the near future though.

Take care mate,

Ezzer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Skindude said:
Hi Everyone!!

So I dumped "the Best Car in The World", BMW 530D Tourer, and got myself an '06 Aventura Double Cab in Black........and I have not looked back...completely hooked.

More FUN, more KIT (Birdseye SATNAV is spectacular), more ROOM (in back and front), more ATTITUDE, more EVERYTHINg really. BMW eat your heart out!

The only thing I can knock it on is the Drum brakes on the back. Why on earth could Nissan not fit the disk setup from the PAthfinder, I will never know!

When are you going to setup a Navara Club Day with off roading etc?? That would be cool.

All the best

Onwards and Upwards.

The Dude
hi mate good to see anonther convert.
reason to your question is drums are more efficiant at breaking with a load as the shoes are self binding when applied to the surface of the drum, this is caused by the momentum. with disks they will only aplly them selved from two sides and only as hard as you can put your foot on the pedal. the drum set up is almost self assisted when you push the pedal, that is why all lorry trailers still run drums.

cheers :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jayk said:
Skindude said:
Hi Everyone!!

All the best

Onwards and Upwards.

The Dude
hi mate good to see anonther convert.
reason to your question is drums are more efficiant at breaking with a load as the shoes are self binding when applied to the surface of the drum, this is caused by the momentum. with disks they will only aplly them selved from two sides and only as hard as you can put your foot on the pedal. the drum set up is almost self assisted when you push the pedal, that is why all lorry trailers still run drums.

cheers :lol:

that's exactly what I was going to say :? :lol:

Welcome Skindude.................. you're head's more shiny than mine!!! :p

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I also had a Toyota Pick in my Youth :lol:

looking back now it was the slowest vehicle i have ever owned :lol:
2.4D

No Turbo !!!

Must had been about 60 BHP !

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah but the sad thing is unless you finished it off with a bomb it will out live all the new stuff!! and some................in fact i am sure god drives a toyota....that he built while resting on day 7 :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Jayk said:
yeah but the sad thing is unless you finished it off with a bomb it will out live all the new stuff!! and some................in fact i am sure god drives a toyota....that he built while resting on day 7 :lol:
goodness me thats true, it may still be out there now :) i Part Exchanged it on a Izuzu ? spelling/ Trooper 3.2 Citation, which was like a luxury Limo after the Hi Lux :lol:

Great times :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.