Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SnugTop XTR

Bought it 2nd hand a couple of weeks ago for about £600 - Bargain!

I spent ages looking for the right hardtop and then this came up for sale so I snapped it up.

Best looking top IMHO.

Your problem Ray is living in sunny Cyprus!

If you want someone to drive a hardtop over to you from the UK in exchange for fuel and/or ferry costs and a spare room for a week I'm sure me and the missus wouldn't mind a drive down there :wink:

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
What about Spain for a holiday? I am looking for one of those Ali lids for mine.....given up in Spain so looking for a way from the UK.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
detourer said:
What about Spain for a holiday? I am looking for one of those Ali lids for mine.....given up in Spain so looking for a way from the UK.
If you're serious, do your sums, make sure the cost of the lid plus some travel costs is not too much for you and then drop me an email.

We would definately be up for this kind of thing.
We go camping a lot so as long as there is a suitable area to pitch our tent and we can have use of your bathroom facilities then its possible.
A room would be nice though and save us bringing our camping gear.

Don't mind driving accross Europe, we drive to Austria Summer and Winter!

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
BOB that does look great mate, let us know how you get on with a Hard TOp, as i just cant justify one at the moment ,

I love just being able to Throw Stuf in the Back :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Brian the Snail said:
BOB that does look great mate, let us know how you get on with a Hard TOp, as i just cant justify one at the moment ,

I love just being able to Throw Stuf in the Back :)
Thats why i've gone with the roll n lock on my D40 i was having to take the snugtop off to often with my D22 :roll:

Taking nothing away from Bob still think yours looks the part 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Makes me laugh when you guys park your vehicles up bank sides etc to photograph them. It's almost like readers wives in the back of Gentlemans relaxation mags!!!!! See what compromising positions you can get the love of your life into!!!!

How about a few more saucy ones maybe with the doors gaping open or the headlights on full beam. I personally would like to see a D40 nudging up to a D22, bit of Nissan on Nissan action.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
nelbert said:
Makes me laugh when you guys park your vehicles up bank sides etc to photograph them. It's almost like readers wives in the back of Gentlemans relaxation mags!!!!! See what compromising positions you can get the love of your life into!!!!

How about a few more saucy ones maybe with the doors gaping open or the headlights on full beam. I personally would like to see a D40 nudging up to a D22, bit of Nissan on Nissan action.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still going strong

The 1000mile drive to Austria and back is a doddle. Done that trip a few times in the Nav now and its great at cruising the Autobahns.
Even pulling my caravn and with the bed fully loaded its still a dream to drive.

In the piccy taken at services somewhere in Europe, my caravan is hooked up with a nose weight on the tow ball of 110kg and the bed is fully loaded with gear.
Looks a little low on the back end in the pic, but its not as bad in the metal so to speak.

Having my weight in the front seat levels it up some :mrgreen:

If I don't keep my eye on my speed, I can easily find I'm towing at over 90mph :shock:

Can't think of a vehicle that could replace my Nav and do what it does so well.

Time to party

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
If I needed a hardtop, that would be the one I would have bought. I think it is one of the few that looks like it was intended for the Navara, nice and sleek. Good roof bars...Looks a good combination...

·
Premium Member
13,825 Posts
one key went wrong within 2 weeks of getting it, then the lock broke, then fell apart, I am in and out of the back all day so would rather a simple turnbuckle handle, I tend to leave it open so I dont have to fish my keys out every 10 minutes :evil:
Also several times I have got where I am going only to find the bloody glass has come open - I think I am tripping the fob with my knee, or as I get in or something.. Its a pain and would not have another

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well for 600 notes I am more than happy with mine (bought second hand)

SnugTop UK were very helpfull with info re wiring it up.

Did have a couple of leaks, but sorted myself with a bit of silicon. otherthan that its been fine.

I suppose I can understand about having a turn handle entry. But then I'd be more likely to leave it unlcoked, and then I'd loose some valuable tools!
And I like that I can drop one of the lads off at a site, me press the button on my fob and he can get whatever out of the back and then I'm on my way with the back all locked again. And all done without me getting out. that bit I like :mrgreen:

Looks wise, I think its the best option.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts