Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've searched but can't find it!!!
I'm fitting a 2" lift tomorrow all going to plan.
Is there actually a torque setting for the bolts or is it just till my arms shake and my face is beetroot red 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣🤔
I'm somewhat heavy handed sometimes 🥴
Sorry if it seems like a daft question but thought it's worth asking.
Thanks in advance
Mike 👍🏻

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Torque settings, unless you are doing engine and other close tolerance items are:

1. Bloody tight with a big breaker
2 As hard as can with a normal socket wrench
3 Just reasonably tight

Number 2 would apply. I looked it up in the manual and it is 88NM. No idea what that means, dunno where my torque wrench is, hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Rax it up with a 1/2 ratchet. We call this torque setting "FT".

Body and tub bolts are supposed to be a check item on some services too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Torque settings, unless you are doing engine and other close tolerance items are:

1. Bloody tight with a big breaker
2 As hard as can with a normal socket wrench
3 Just reasonably tight

Number 2 would apply. I looked it up in the manual and it is 88NM. No idea what that means, dunno where my torque wrench is, hope that helps.
🤣🤣🤣
You sound very much like me landmannnn
That's my theory on tightening
Loosen is:
1. Large 24" breaker bar
2. Flog a spanner with a lump hammer
3. Burning gear, try and remain calm and heat, loose your rag and liquid metal may appear 🤣

88Nm excellent thank you very much landmannnn, torque wrench can have a birthday 👍🏻
I do actually like to do things properly.

Over the years I've learnt to be adaptable, overcome and conquer, there's a way around every problem

Thanks again, much appreciated 👍🏻

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have I read somewhere the nuts are welded to the chassis, assuming they'd be lock nuts🤔

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you do the lifts do you have to loosen anything else other than the chassis to body bolts? The front is lifting but not enough, I can also see the gap appearing around headlight area and bumper to wing. Don't want to just keep jacking her up and cause unnecessary damage 🥴
Wasn't sure if I'd have to loosen bumper bolts 🤷🏼‍♂️
Does it make a difference its the V6
Thanks in advance for any help
Mike 👍🏻

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
I took my V6 bumper off the other day.
You probably need to take it off as it is connected to the chassis around the grille.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took my V6 bumper off the other day.
You probably need to take it off as it is connected to the chassis around the grille.
That would explain it then 👍🏻
The instructions never said that 🙄
Was it much to get the bumper off landmannnn???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to have to do something with the back bumper as I don't like the gap in that, thinking of putting a piece of flat bar or something to blend it back in 🤔

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
For the front bumper it will take about 40 minutes to get off, the annoying bit is having to remove the inner wheel arches to get to all the bolts.

On the rear bumper, others have redrilled the holes so it sits a couple of inches higher.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1. For the front bumper it will take about 40 minutes to get off, the annoying bit is having to remove the inner wheel arches to get to all the bolts.

On the rear bumper, others have redrilled the holes so it sits a couple of inches higher.
    Found what the issue is, the front cross member on the chassis has rubber pads either end, in my case my bumper sits very close to these, as I lifted it pushes and fowls the inside of the bumper where it curve round at the bottom, this also pushed the bumper forwards at the bottom, the holes are approx 30mm forward on the bottom grey valance, hence that's how much its pushed it, and was gripping pulling a gap between bumper and wing 🤦🏼‍♂️
  2. This I will address in the next week, not sure if it's because it's the face lift model 🤔. The back I can either re-drill as you mentioned landmannnn or I can infill with plastic trim or 2mm stainless or ally flat bar I guess 👍🏻
  3. Thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts