Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so before i go spending my hard earned beer tokens .....anyone got any reccomendations on bonnet deflectors and or window wind deflectors ?? :slapheadkind of more intereted in knowing if theres any that should be avoided xx

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Flash-Pirate,

I've had a couple of deflectors on my motors. Always use Heiko deflectors and just fitted another set to my Navara. They're simple - easy to fit, look the part and durable. Pay no more than £30-£40 for a set (front and back).

With regards to bonnet bras (I assume that's what you're after?) Just picked up this one from eBay. If it's a bug guard you're after, my mate has just fitted this to his Nav.

Hope it helps?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Flash-Pirate,

I've had a couple of deflectors on my motors. Always use Heiko deflectors and just fitted another set to my Navara. They're simple - easy to fit, look the part and durable. Pay no more than £30-£40 for a set (front and back).

With regards to bonnet bras (I assume that's what you're after?) Just picked up this one from eBay. If it's a bug guard you're after, my mate has just fitted this to his Nav.

Hope it helps?
bug guard is just the ticket , happy days in this house now , bonnet bra not so much , cant in all true faith fit a bra to my car.....the comments i gave my brother in law for fitting a bra would come back 10 fold , good price for the bug guard, cheaper than flea bay , cheers mr

·
Registered
621 Posts
bug guard is just the ticket , happy days in this house now , bonnet bra not so much , cant in all true faith fit a bra to my car.....the comments i gave my brother in law for fitting a bra would come back 10 fold , good price for the bug guard, cheaper than flea bay , cheers mr

For the window deflectors I have a set of Heko Smoked Wind Deflectors fitted to mine.
look the part and keeps the water away from the inside.
hope this helps Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
so before i go spending my hard earned beer tokens .....anyone got any reccomendations on bonnet deflectors and or window wind deflectors ?? :slapheadkind of more intereted in knowing if theres any that should be avoided xx
Just bought mine and it had this bug deflector already on it (have a look at the general image in my garage):

http://www.nissan-navara.net/garage/1522

·
Administrator
11,566 Posts
I bought mine with the same deflector. The old navara had so many stone chips it is worth leaving on.

Wind deflectors
- the Navara does not leak through the windows
- they make it look like a grey import shogun
- they make additional wind noise
- they serve no purpose

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I can't bear bits of after-thought plastic stuff all over the place, but, I might be interested in a thin, clear plastic strip, say an inch high, that runs the full width of the bonnet to protect from stone chips. Not a stand-out deflector as such, but something like the plastic stick-on parts on the leading edge of the rear wheel arch on a Nav...

I have seen some old Navs that are rusty along the front sloping edge of the bonnet - clearly where stones have max impact....

I think there were some kind of Scotch/3M kits for cars a while back, very pricey though and far more bits for all over than I need. So does anyone know of a ready-cut-to-fit product as described?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I bought mine with the same deflector. The old navara had so many stone chips it is worth leaving on.

Wind deflectors
- the Navara does not leak through the windows
- they make it look like a grey import shogun
- they make additional wind noise
- they serve no purpose
When you are a smoker like myself it's very handy. When you Crack the window for the smoke to get out of the truck you get a instant brees without them. In winter you really don't want that happening.

·
Administrator
11,566 Posts
When you are a smoker like myself it's very handy. When you Crack the window for the smoke to get out of the truck you get a instant brees without them. In winter you really don't want that happening.
Gave them up myself, but you do have a point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts