Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Navara NP300 twin turbo which has just covered 3000 miles.

The Nav has been fantastic and has been a joy to drive from day one and has been on both long and short runs with a mix of motorway, country roads and town traffic.

However, and this is the point of the thread, the ride seems to suddenly become very jittery/bouncy. I can feel every bump thru the driver's seat and it has become very annoying.

If I was to describe it it is almost like the suspension has become softer and you bounce rather than float?.

Cornering remains the same just seems to wallow over bumps and makes a meal of them.

Have looked underneath and all seems to be in place (am no mechanic) and the tyres are all at the right pressure and the load levels have not changed.

It's almost like the Nav is in permanent high 4 wheel drive, which it isn't.

Have booked it into a dealer on Friday however wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I know it’s difficult to put the driving experience into words, but whether or not you’re in 4H shouldn’t affect ride quality, so I’m struggling with the analogy here.

A sudden change in suspension compliance would likely be a failed shock absorber, but that doesn’t account for everything you’re describing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a tough one to describe however when in 4 wheel drive the ride does change (on tarmac) as the movement becomes more jerky?.

Will get it to the dealer on friday and let them test drive it, it may be me but it just doesn't feel right - will report back any findings from them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you shouldn't, more like light gravel than tarmac and only to 'test' the system - am not a big off roader, certainly not in my shiny new nav, will leave that to the knackered series land rover!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same issue with my old 2016 model and it went back to the dealers on several occasions. They did replace the rear shocks or so they say but it still did not feel great. After that they kept telling me that is how it should be. This was even after I told them that with only half a ton if bricks in the back it was bottoming out when going over speed bumps!
If I could have afforded it I would have upgraded the springs and shockers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Navara NP300 twin turbo which has just covered 3000 miles.

The Nav has been fantastic and has been a joy to drive from day one and has been on both long and short runs with a mix of motorway, country roads and town traffic.

However, and this is the point of the thread, the ride seems to suddenly become very jittery/bouncy. I can feel every bump thru the driver's seat and it has become very annoying.

If I was to describe it it is almost like the suspension has become softer and you bounce rather than float?.

Cornering remains the same just seems to wallow over bumps and makes a meal of them.

Have looked underneath and all seems to be in place (am no mechanic) and the tyres are all at the right pressure and the load levels have not changed.

It's almost like the Nav is in permanent high 4 wheel drive, which it isn't.

Have booked it into a dealer on Friday however wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?.
would like to know how it was resolved just experienced the same with mine and made me think i should gotten myself a toyota

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Navara D23 NP300
84 Posts
Same issue, but it seems to be common all round.

Upgraded aftermarket suspension seems to be the go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts