Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Navara Tekna NP300 2016
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
As my previous posts I am new to the Navara world. A few weeks back purchased a NP300 2016.
My question is the rear ended seems very bouncy, now this might be the norm but I thought I’d put the question out there.
I believe the truck has been used previously to tow a fair bit, but the tub is clean so not had builders **** in it.
It’s seems to sit even on flat ground, it’s just the bouncy teeth chattering bit.!
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
With nothing in the tub or no canopy the back end is bouncy. Worth checking the rear tyre pressures too.

·
Registered
Navara Tekna NP300 2016
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With nothing in the tub or no canopy the back end is bouncy. Worth checking the rear tyre pressures too.
The tyre pressures are 33psi.
To describe it more.... when you hit a bump the rear seems to judder the whole vehicle including all inside.?

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
Sounds like the dampers could be worn, with a check over of the rear suspension for damage or a broken spring too.

·
Registered
Navara Tekna NP300 2016
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the dampers could be worn, with a check over of the rear suspension for damage or a broken spring too.
Yes going to take a look in the morning.
Any recommendations on new shocks and springs if I need them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The tyre pressures are 33psi.
To describe it more.... when you hit a bump the rear seems to judder the whole vehicle including all inside.?
Hi, I have just got a 2018 tekna and find it to have the same symptoms as you are having. Going over bumps or roads where the potholes have been filled in but still rough the navara seems to jiggle/judder, I can even feel the judders coming up through the seat. I was thinking of getting the local dealer to check the shocks/suspension as it is still under warranty. Have you found any more info on this matter or have you found a solution?
Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I have just got a 2018 tekna and find it to have the same symptoms as you are having. Going over bumps or roads where the potholes have been filled in but still rough the navara seems to jiggle/judder, I can even feel the judders coming up through the seat. I was thinking of getting the local dealer to check the shocks/suspension as it is still under warranty. Have you found any more info on this matter or have you found a solution?
Thanks.
Sounds like typical ladder chassis behaviour to me?

·
Registered
Navara Tekna NP300 2016
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I think your right.
I have a another issue, bad knocking noise when pulling away, and found small metal parts on dipstick ?
Currently done 116k.
Any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts