Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 nissan navara and when driving the battery light and brake lights are constantly on. Now in the manual the battery light is on for a charge warning and the brake light is on for low brake fluid. But why would they be on together? When these lights are on it also throws my temp gauge all over the place. Please help....

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds like a short

·
Registered
564 Posts
The charging and brake warning lights are always on together when there is no good charge voltage.
To check if the horn is working is a good advice and the first step to diagnose if alternator getting the correct regulator voltage feed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
Sorry to start this thread again but it seams to have stopped without solving the case anyway.
I have exactly the above symptoms. Both the warning lights and a horn that doesn't work.
It started when my air horn was sounding a bit weak so I gave it a blast for a few seconds and it suddenly stopped. I presumed id blown the fuse, but immediately the battery and brake warning light came on.
I cannot remove them even with an ecu reset.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
Since the air horn has been added (the Navara's OEM horn is feeble) i would firstly check that it has been wired correctly.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Does the horn work?
Old thread I know bit seams it might have relivence
On my way home the same lights came on for me
I say this thread has relivence because my horn although been poorly for a while (sounds terrible) has completely stoped working and was wondering what the connection is and why you would mention it

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
I say this thread has relivence because my horn although been poorly for a while (sounds terrible) has completely stoped working and was wondering what the connection is and why you would mention it
Never mind blown fuse
Wouldn't have thought in a million years they were all on the same circuit

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
In the end, everything is on the same circuit :)
Yea i know but I'm suprised completely unrelated systems are covered by the same fuse and the fuse cover didnt mention anything about it

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
I haven't a clue why I asked the question back in 2013. It turned out to be a good one to ask

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Seems I have a faulty horn
I beeped at someone this morning and immediately the lights came back on
I haven't had time to investigate but I'm guessing the fuse has blown again
Time for a new horn me thinks!!

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
They are OK, nothing special but combined with the farty noise from the broken horn they are enough to get people to take notice.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I think I have used the horn maybe 6 times in the last 4 years. Driving down in the Algarve is very relaxing.

And, mostly travelling with a wife in the passenger seat seems to eliminate the need..

"He's a dangerous moron, why didn't you hoot?"
"The main thing was concentrating on what I needed to do to get the best outcome, and by the look of the guy, hooting would have made his actions more dangerous"
"Shriek, shriek"
"He can hear you..."
"Good" etc etc

1 - 20 of 31 Posts