Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I just got my new d40 petrol STX, I am super impressed cannot wait to get it DIRTY.

I am looking for a aftermarket bullbar, possbily an ARB steel, with winch provisions and room for some lights and a radio aerial later on.

Just thought somebody might recommend a bullbar or manufacturer? I hear that the steel bullbar can add to the weight of the car and in turn petrol costs?

Cheers
D40 dude.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Dude,
Proper winch bars with a winch do add a significant weight to the front therefore do affect fuel consumption. You also need to remember that they need to be declared to your insurer and will likely have an increase in premium.

The weight on the front will also accelerate wear on steering components etc.

I don't have any particular recommendations but you do need to get the proper one to make sure your air bag sensors are properly catered for.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Mate I suggest you check out TJM or Nissan Australia. I have a D22 STR with a steel bull bar and winch and pretty much every accessorie. My ute is powered by the ZD30DDT and gets 9L per 100km's.

Petrols use use more fuel, trust me the diesels wont even feel the extra weight.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
ading a Winch to the front is a Major Re work !

ive seen pics of a winch being installed and it must of cost 1000s !

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not yet mate. ill take some over the weekend.

ading a Winch to the front is a Major Re work !

ive seen pics of a winch being installed and it must of cost 1000s !
Not at all. I have a genuine Nissan steel winch/bull bar. I would not touch a weak as **** alloy bar. Hit a kangeroo they fold. I have hit a 1.5 meter roo at 80km/h and the bull bar came out unscathed. It just scared the **** out of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.