Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you are all keeping well and safe in these crazy times.
Would anyone know what is the best way to restore bumpers and wheel arch flares? Mine are ok structurally just some flaky paint spots so was looking at stripping off old paint and redoing. Has anyone done this as don't want to damage to plastic? Was thinking possibly paint stripper as think blasting may do more damage then good? If nothing can be done I'd happily buy new ones but seeing as have a lot of time spare at moment and being in good nick I thought I'd try and salvage the originals.
Thank you in advance for your help

·
Administrator
12,668 Posts
Usual stuff, just treat it like normal paintwork. Rub it back, use filler or stopper to level off, more sanding, primer, base coat and lacquer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Might pay to use plastic primer if you go back to plastic, if removing flares be very careful with pins you need to apply pressure right at pin otherwise support lug will break, you can glue them back on but not sure how good they will be

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might pay to use plastic primer if you go back to plastic, if removing flares be very careful with pins you need to apply pressure right at pin otherwise support lug will break, you can glue them back on but not sure how good they will be
Thank you for your advice, ordered the bits including plastic primer to do it a few weeks ago but sods law has got in the way of doing it at the moment. I am fully prepared to buy a new set but want to try and salvage as many original parts as possible. I'm pretty sure I've seen the clips online so will order some just in case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah it's not the actual clips that are a problem if they break, the brackets? on the flare are flimsy as and break away from the flare itself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's not the actual clips that are a problem if they break, the brackets? on the flare are flimsy as and break away from the flare itself.
Ahhh ok I'm with you,I will try and tease it away while keeping fingers crossed

·
Registered
33 Posts
G'day Yeah remove the plastic cover between flare and guard underneath then you can easily? work on each point but from the top you can't really see what you are doing, using a good trim removing tool helps to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts