Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Thinking of going back to a Navara, but do I buy now or wait for new launch? Anyone aware of upgrades or changes to new model?
Thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

Depends on where you live.

Starting summer 2019 deliveries of np300 with dual rate coils should start in Europe.

Same changes like Australian series 3 models.

Greetz.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 2019 runs rings around my 2015 series 1. My dealer said new model rumored for 2021 and he's suspecting small diesel engine with electric motors as Nissan is really starting to push electric.

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
My 2019 runs rings around my 2015 series 1. My dealer said new model rumored for 2021 and he's suspecting small diesel engine with electric motors as Nissan is really starting to push electric.

Unless the diesel engine is already in use elsewhere in the Nissan line, I’d imagine any new hybrid would be petrol/electric. No one is designing new diesel engines anymore.

Australia/NZ/SA will demand a diesel so I reckon we will keep the YD23 (although I read somewhere a hint that Nissan Oz would drop the single turbo variant from 2020).

I doubt we will see a completely new Navara before 2022, since they have an enduring contract with Mercedes until then and there’s no news whatsoever on a new model in development, which is a 3-year process. I would think there will be a major refresh, possibly a new engine, of the current model in the 2021-22 timeframe before a new arrival around 2025.

But this is just my speculation based on past development patterns, not on any solid knowledge.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hi all,
Thinking of going back to a Navara, but do I buy now or wait for new launch? Anyone aware of upgrades or changes to new model?
Thanks in advance
Mark
Small changes in engine tune and Twin turbo across the range
Dual rate rear springs and upgraded dampers with increased ground clearance.
Rear disc brakes !!!!
New manual six speed box with shorter and more positive shift
Headlights tweeked a bit
New entertainment unit with 8 in screen with Apple car play and Android auto at the upper end

Your local dealer should have them in the next couple of weeks to show you. Have been quoted about 21.5k( Manual Tekna) for the new model with 6 week delivery. Unusually for Nissan is being launched in Europe first.

·
Super Moderator
502 Posts
I was a bit annoyed at the news that it was coming, however Chalkes have said they won't be available for delivery until August which isn't soon enough. The new navigation was appealing as was the better brakes, to add to the above I believe the front brakes are also larger.

The new manual box also has longer ratios would be a bit improvement.

Other big news is that the kingcab chassis now get the coil suspension rather than cart springs.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I was a bit annoyed at the news that it was coming, however Chalkes have said they won't be available for delivery until August which isn't soon enough. The new navigation was appealing as was the better brakes, to add to the above I believe the front brakes are also larger.

The new manual box also has longer ratios would be a bit improvement.

Other big news is that the kingcab chassis now get the coil suspension rather than cart springs.

The problem is many have major upgrades coming around the same time so whatever you get in the meantime is likely to be old model by September. Even if leasing you can always extend by a bit to get what you want.

·
Super Moderator
502 Posts
The problem is many have major upgrades coming around the same time so whatever you get in the meantime is likely to be old model by September. Even if leasing you can always extend by a bit to get what you want.
Oh no its far to late for me, I collect my new one on Wednesday! I'll be stuck with the old model for 2/3 years at least!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts