Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
First step is to check if the factory wiring is present for indicators. According to the folks at Clearview mirrors, inspect the wiring connecting to the factory mirror - if there are two plugs, you’re wired for indicators and if there is one plug, you’re not. It’s possible but unlikely you have an indicator wiring harness in a car without indicators.

It’s not much of a loss - two more bulbs to maintain and risk your roadworthy for :)

·
Super Moderator
4,554 Posts
The physical fitment is the same on all d40's as i have a replacement 2005 d40 door (none mirror indicator) on my 2007 (with indicator) and my indicator mirror bolted on no problem however the pre indicator wiring was different so i had to swop the wiring looms over as well
So yes they will fit but definitely wont have the wiring there! However it wouldn't be a big job to wire in an indicator feed up to the mirror

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
I’m taking off side Mirrors today so fingers crossed haha
It’s easy enough in theory, although running the wires will be a long job. If the mirrors use LEDs you can probably afford to use the current fuses and wiring. If they’re incandescent you run the risk of overloading the factory circuit, depending how much spare capacity there is in it.

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
I meant if you add two additional 21W bulbs into a circuit already powering four of them, you’ve gone from 7A to 10.5A. If it’s on a 10A fuse it will pop whenever you unlock the car (when all six bulbs will flash).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts