Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys my daughters sport ka has failed its mot with a bit of tin worm on the chassis!
She's asked me if I can weld it up or get it welded. I have a welder and used it a few times but only small stuff and never on a car so gonna ask a few questions just to clarify.

1. I know it's best to cut the rust completely out but it's a ford! They'll be nothing left!馃槃 So can I wire wheel the loose, cut out the worst and treat the rest?

2. Which treatment is best rust remover or rust converter? Or are they basically the same just named different?

3. If I treat it can I weld onto the solid teated area or do I have to go back to find rust free metal?

4. Finally bearing in mind its the chassis can I use 1.5mm stainless or does it have to be mild to stick to mild properly? Only reason I ask that is because I've loads of stainless plenty big enough, but I'll have to go get some mild.

And since this is the first time doing a rust repair, if anyone has any tips or tricks they think might help ill be happy to hear them 馃檪

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I figured as much but it's a 10 year old ford! if I cut out ALL the rust even the little pin creators itll end up a huge hole! Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts