Nissan-Navara.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was posted in the UK in the early 80's and I can't recall ever seeing a pickup truck. It is good seeing the Navara is doing well and seems to have quite the following.
I own a Nissan Frontier aka Navara...I wish mine had the diesel engine! If only for that reason I'd say the Navara has one up on the Frontier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess some people would like something they can't have... :D
I started this post by saying I don't recall seeing any pickups in the UK in the early-mid 1980's. Were there many on the road or have I drank too many beers and forgot?
Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but do you call the Navara a pickup or is that an American term.
I have been tripped up more than once between the difference of English and American.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi again,

I think pick up is a term we use in the UK, I certainly do anyway.

You are right about pick up's been rare in the 80's, I think back then they were a 'workhorse only', and very few people would have considered them a fashionable alternative to a car.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i call mine a " Truck "

as a Pickup sounds like something you do at a Bar :lol:

ITs only just started ( With the Navara ) that Pickups are Nice to Drive and have all the mod cons.

The 80s and 90s and even early 2000s, they were inductrial things that only farmers owned. :lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome mate,
we call the Navara a truck but i was in usa couple of years ago and my god some of those trucks you have there are massive!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.