Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way I can find out which clockspring I need to order for my 2006 (56) Navara, without pulling the old one off first?

·
Administrator
11,503 Posts
It will be the £20 one off ebay. At least it was on my old 56 plate, so no reason why your's should be different. Note the Pathy and post 2010 are the more expensive ones.

·
Administrator
11,503 Posts
In my case it took 30 minutes to find my 3 leg puller, 10 minutes to Google getting the cover off the wheel then 20 minutes to fit.

Then a further 20 minutes to fit it again as I hadn't got the indicator cancel in the right position.

Then about 2 minutes to throw the tools somewhere where I couldn't find them again.

So a total of 82 minutes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Battery off for 10 mins.2 torque screws in cowling , blunt screwdriver / bar in back of steering wheel to release airbag. 2 wires on airbag (yellow with clip lift with small screwdriver) just pull off horn one 19 mm deep socket to take steering wheel off ( just before you take nut right off wiggle steering wheel so it comes off spline) once steering wheel off unclip both stalks & then 2 Phillips screws & a clip to take clock spring off The one I bought had a plastic lock clip on it just take off before refitted steering wheel ( make sure the mark on the steering wheel matches the one on the column refit other bits & jobs a good un

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just on a side note,
This morning is the first time I've had to take the truck out after the new clock spring fitment, not only does the horn work, but I also now have working cruise control as well...result! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,278 Posts
Then about 2 minutes to throw the tools somewhere where I couldn't find them again.
I made that mistake a few months ago! I threw all my tools in the tub cos i was in a rush. Forgot id put them in there and by the time i remembered i found i hadent locked it either so my new axle stands, 24" snap-on ratchet bar and a 20 piece socket rail had all gone walk about :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts