Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, greetings from Belize.

Recently my pickup has started to show hesitation during take off. It loses power. Once I manage to accelerate, it gets its power, not fully, and you can also hear that loud injector rattle. It did it firstly and suddenly when I ran over a speed bump but i quickly stopped. I does it nearly every time. In the mornings it does it, but surprisingly it does not do it at midday after it has been parked under the sun. It doesnt smoke.

I have changed the filters and it still does it. I did a scan and this was the code: Code 77 P7-F/INJ TIMG FB

Could anything in the tank be causing this?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
OK I can see this is your new thread on the topic and you’ve also pinged for responses on two other threads in the 2.5 litre engine section.

Before we proceed, can you tell us what engine is fitted to your truck?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir, apologies. It's a ZD30 engine. I assumed it was understood since I place d post under the Q&A for zd30 3.0 diesel and petrol forum. My bad. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
Thank you Sir, apologies. It's a ZD30 engine. I assumed it was understood since I place d post under the Q&A for zd30 3.0 diesel and petrol forum. My bad. Thanks.
No problems, the way I view the forum in admin mode it shows me the latest posts and where they are, and three in a row came up from you about this fault code - one here and two others in the 2.5 section. Now I can see this is the original one and you’ve found those other two on search, that’s fine. I was a bit hasty in locking this one, so I unlocked it again

Be careful about assuming codes from the YD25 will mean the same thing on the ZD30 - they might, and they might not. Codes are generated by the ECU and the two different engines have different ECUs.

Good luck solving the problem - unfortunately the ZD30 was not a popular engine in Europe, so there are relatively few experts on this forum. Try Googling the fault code on the patrol4x4.com forum; the ZD30 was very popular in that car.

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
I took my own advice.

Two guys in these threads found the code was thrown due to poor fuel pump pressure, solved by fitting a new battery. Another two solved it with new genuine fuel filters and an ECU reset. One seems to have genuinely needed a new fuel pump. One had water or dirt in his fuel. A couple mention needing the injector timing reset (presumably, they have aftermarket performance chips - why people buy these things is beyond me!!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts