Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I was told categorically by Customer Services last week that I would receive the update. I collected from the dealer who did the work (after the usual forced regeneration x 2 and the oil change) on Friday and was told that there is no update yet. So to paraphrase John, Nissan Customer Services tell untruths. The supplying dealer is being as helpful as possible though. Even they were told by the same Customer Services person that I would get the update.

· Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 2022 Nguard, engine management came on dealer advised the problem is my driving style and I need to drive in an uneconomical way at over 2000 RPM for at least 10 minutes once a week!! Been advised I had 30% blockage after 5000 miles and will be charged in future, I’ve never been told So much BS and clearly it’s not fit for purpose….

· Registered
2,900 Posts
So I have a 2022 Nguard, engine management came on dealer advised the problem is my driving style and I need to drive in an uneconomical way at over 2000 RPM for at least 10 minutes once a week!! Been advised I had 30% blockage after 5000 miles and will be charged in future, I’ve never been told So much BS and clearly it’s not fit for purpose….
Welcome to Nissan ownership.

Reactions: chris_3807

· Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 Navara and I have had nothing but trouble with my DPF. 8 times this year with 4 of those being in December and that’s after the DPF systems was replaced on warranty. 2 days later back In to Nissan. They they tried to tell me it was the drivers side floor mat causing double peddling. The worse vehicle I have ever bought. Stay away from Nissan

· Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to Nissan ownership.

· Registered
5 Posts
I was also told it’s my driving style which did not go down well with me. The last time I took it in, they told me it was the drivers side floor mat causing double peddling which trigger and engine fault. Absolute jokers

· Registered
5 Posts
I would give Nissan customer services a call tomorrow.
0330 123 1231
Explain the situation and ask that they raise you a case.
I already have a case with them. Also it was regend on Friday and I drove to Cornwall and back so plenty of motorway miles at the suggested speed. and today the engine light is back on. Very frustrated as Nissan say its not their problem as i lease the truck and the lease company say its a Nissan problem

· Registered
141 Posts
I already have a case with them. Also it was regend on Friday and I drove to Cornwall and back so plenty of motorway miles at the suggested speed. and today the engine light is back on. Very frustrated as Nissan say its not their problem as i lease the truck and the lease company say its a Nissan problem
Very relatable - I've got similar issues. Mine is leased too, its been off the road for 4 months and only just repaired - now developed a new fun glitch where it gets locked into 4wd and will not (Despite every trick in the book) come out of it.

I've been working on it for 4 months, but I now have a lease rejection on the cards after a huge amount of persistence. My broker advised that if you push hard enough, for long enough, you will get a rejection, if that's the only option you have left (in my case it was)

I spoke to a ex-nissan car salesman, who said that they have literal compounds of rejected np300's with similar faults. I have a friend with 5 np300's which are all off the road currently....Shame, as they're nice when they work!

· Registered
3 Posts
2020 Tekna, mine as a slightly different problem but DPF related.

My amber engine light always comes on first and then DPF warning light MAY illuminate a few days later subject to the two scenarios below.

Scenario 1: (DPF warning light does NOT get triggered)
Amber engine light comes on. So 85% of the time I take mine straight to the dealer within minutes or hours of the amber engine warning light coming on.
They hook the diagnostics machine (engine faults are logged AND the confirm ECU has turned off certain functions, one of them being the DPF regen)
So even though the DPF regen is now disabled, no DPF warning light is triggered yet because the blockage or buildup has not yet reached a critical point.
Faults are cleared, system reset and DPF regeneration is now active and working again.

Scenario 2: (DPF warning light DOES gets triggered)
If I can't get to the dealer within a few days of the amber engine being triggered, eventually the DPF warning then illuminates. (because as in scenario 1 the DPF was disabled when the amber engine warning light was triggered) and because of the mileage and soot build up in the DPF eventually the DPF light illuminates because it has not been able to regen for days.

So according to Nissan mechanics, if the engine detects a problem the amber engine warning light illuminates. This then automatically disables certain functions on the engine, one of them being the DPF regen. So even though the DPF warning light is not yet illuminated, regen is now disabled and its only a matter of time before DPF warning kicks in.

I have had mine into dealer approx every 2-3 months with same fault, they all start with engine warning light.

My past faults that triggered engine warning light and disabled DPF regen:
EGR faults, turbo intermittent faults, oil dilution.

So the morale of the story is: If engine warning light and DPF warning light are both illuminated no amount of miles will ever clear the DPF because DPF regen is disabled. (unless Nissan have updated the software that I am not aware of)

I have now been driving mine for the last 3 weeks with both the amber engine warning light and DPF warning light illuminated. Dealer has advised me it's fine to drive whilst Nissan Tech come up with a solution.

· Registered
10 Posts
In the same boat...usually it's the Amber engine warning light and the auto stop - start indicator flashes. Eventually the DPF warning light may show up. This has been a problem on and off from new (2.5 years old). Waiting for some kind of booster part (not sure what this is as I couldn't speak to anyone who could explain what it was when I picked up the car from the local Nissan dealer) then back to the dealer for this to be fitted and a regen/oil change.

· Registered
3 Posts
I am getting a bit miffed with Nissan Customer Service (not the dealer). I opened an online ticket (not complaining) but simply asking when do they think the technical fix will be available, 4 weeks, 3 months, 6months etc.

Not heard anything back after a week, so I decided to pick up the phone and asked for an update to my case number, I was told someone will be in touch. A week later (so 2 weeks after opening online case), still no contact from Nissan (except acknowledgement of a case being opened and handed to a customer service member of staff).

It will be interesting on Friday when it goes in for its first MOT, from what I have read online (so may not be 100% true) it will fail the MOT due to warning lights at time of test.

Not good.

· Registered
10 Posts
I have had contact for my complaint handler (within the stated two days) who tells me the part the dealership have ordered is a solenoid valve. He is liaising with dealership to oversee that the work is done promptly.. Dealership did not get off to a good start by not putting in the order untill after a week (meaning a cottage holiday went out of the window). We'll see what comes of all!!!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts