Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem is it hard/easy to remove lower sump? 2012 D22 2.5 YD25 Mechanic advises need to remove engine??

·
Registered
110 Posts
You won't have to remove engine but you do have to split the motor and gearbox an inch to get the two rear screws and to do that you need to drop both front and rear drives shafts and front diff and also need to remove stabiliser bars and cross member although if you can find a way to access the top bell housing bolts you may get away without dropping the rear driveshaft etc.
My advice would be to do the timing chain at the same time as it will save doing it all again.

How badly is it cracked, any possibility of repairing in situ ? there are some pretty shmick compounds that could fix it now.
The difference between doing a timing chain between a D40 and a D22 is supposedly nine hours and that is the extra time to remove and replace the sump which you don't have to do in a D40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bleebob I am hoping it is only the lower sump and not the the aluminium portion as well, if it were just the lower do we still need to do all the above?
As to how bad i dont know it has been at mechanics for awhile now and i havnt seen it but mechanic is due to proceed tomorrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Certainly don't need to remove motor for lower sump unless the upper part is also damaged then the problems start sorry didn't read properly.

Hope it's not like mine was, had an oil leak which looked like the lower sump and turned out to be a leak at the rear of the head where gasket had been damaged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh it just got worse, crossmember bent,lower Sump ok but upper is damaged and the piece that the front of the torsion bar slots into is stripped.
All in all a good day 😀

1 - 6 of 6 Posts