Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done just over 13000 miles and been through 3 windscreens.

They have all been stone chips but i have not had this problem on other vehicles. I'm wondering whether it is the angle of the screen.

Has anyone else had any problems or am i just unlucky?

G

·
hello sailor...(sorry mate ,could'nt resist it)...i think you've very unlucky...the navara windscreen is quite high up compared to normal cars ,so the chances of it being hit by stones should be a bit less than normal..stones chips can be repaired easily rather than replace the screen..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scarey, wells heres to hoping bad things happen in 3's! I spoke to RAC and they said that if you can cover the crack with a two pound coin then its repairable, if not then its a new screen! £60 per screen through insurance, could be alot worse with auto wipers and auto headlights sensors!

G

·
never thought about the sensors, you need to get a really experienced fitter to make sure they go back correctly..

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Ive had a chip, but no cracks, as for the repairs, they are just a con.

I had one of the vans booked in for a replacement windscreen , they came out to the engineers house to change it and said Hey we can repair it !!

It was a big Bull Nose chip.

SO they repaired it, and it still looks like a big Bull nose CHip :lol:

All they did was make a mess of trying to add some liquid glass to the outside.

It will still fail the MOT when the Mot is due, so waist of time that was :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a small star crack in my screen, around the size of your little fingernail, the local windscreen repair place say it`s too small for them to fix it! :roll:

ps, many thanks to the mother of the little boy who through the rock that hit it, when I asked her how she would like to pay for a new screen she replied " How do you know he did it, he gets blamed for everything."

err, I saw him do it ! Little ****.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.