Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, super helpful thread thanks! I've got a pathfinder r51 with automatic transmission (and the cruise control problem, diagnosed by nissan) but am struggling to find the neutral position switch. My interior looks completely different - see pic - and I can't find it underneath either. Any suggestions or wisdom? Am I completely missing something, being auto..?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
So there must be some other switch or sensor that tells the ECU it's in park or neutral? I haven't been able to find anything anywhere online or physically looking for it

·
Administrator
15,469 Posts
I've not heard of the neutral position causing cruise control issues with an auto.
Are you sure it isn't the switch on the brake pedal or the clock spring causing the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've not heard of the neutral position causing cruise control issues with an auto.
Are you sure it isn't the switch on the brake pedal or the clock spring causing the problem?
The clock spring was replaced recently and the brake switch seems to be fine also - the pedal isn't sagging at all but I've not pulled the switch out to test it. I'll try that this weekend, any suggestions of how to test it at low/no speed..?

·
Administrator
15,469 Posts
Just put a multimeter across the switch on the brake pedal (not the one that turns on the brake lights)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts