Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as the title suggests, I appear to have an intermittent fault with cruise control on my 08 Pathfinder Auto. I have searched the forum but all previous questions seem to relate to the manual version and a neutral switch? Sometimes I can press the on/off button and the green cruise light will come on and I can set it, other times it won't come on for some time and sometimes, when it finally comes on it doesn't always set.

I have a long summer trip ahead, 600 miles towing a caravan there and 600 miles back and would love to try get cruise to reliably work, any suggestions would be appreciated. :grin2:

·
Administrator
11,515 Posts
On the auto it will either be the clock spring (ribbon cable behind the steering wheel) or the secondary switch on the brake pedal. Hopefully the switch as it is much easier and cheaper to sort.

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts
On the auto it will either be the clock spring (ribbon cable behind the steering wheel) or the secondary switch on the brake pedal. Hopefully the switch as it is much easier and cheaper to sort.
I was thinking exactly the same

However having fitted 2 clocksprings in 7 years on my truck i would lean more towards that again before the brake switch.
(Note its a different switch from the brake lights so dont assume its working just because the brake lights come on)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I have ordered the switch for £13 from Aceparts on eBay, as you say it is the easiest part to fix and cheapest so will go with that first :) If that doesn't work, I will have to look at which clock spring to buy as there seems to be a couple of variations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With regards to the clock spring, I have just watched a video on replacing that say's about resetting the abs and stability needing resetting though the video is on a newer Nissan. In the video the computer they had would not reset and a local garage snap on computer was needed instead, will this be the case with my 08 Pathfinder as well?

·
Administrator
11,515 Posts
You shouldn't need to on the earlier model. Noting that the clock spring on the pathfinder is not the £25 part that there are loads of on eBay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You shouldn't need to on the earlier model. Noting that the clock spring on the pathfinder is not the £25 part that there are loads of on eBay.
Ok thanks.. those were the bits I was looking and were described as AIRBAG SQUIB SPIRAL CABLE CLOCK SPRING Fit NISSAN NAVARA PATHFINDER R51

Wi look in to it further tonight when she brings the car home.

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts