Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? Could any tell me if it's possible to remove the cup holders and the cd player to fit a 2 din dvd player/screen.

Many thanks Rich.......... :?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Rich

I think anything like that is possible you just have to find the right supplier fitter etc.

Our local Halfords centre does stuff like that and Autosounds in Newcastle.

I have seen one D22 with the cupholders taken out to fit Sat Nav but not a DVD screen.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:? :? I phoned nissan and the guy was unsure weather you could remove the cup holders said never had anyone wanting to remove them and fit a screen.
So i decided i'd have a go at it myself removed the cd player, undid 2 screws above the climate control, then the whole of the cowl unclips from the main dash, then undid the brackets the cup holder was fixed to and removed the cup holder which is roughly the same size as the cd player which was fitted below.

I am now left with an opening approx 180mm wide x 108 high now to find something that will fit in that size ideas welcome :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm! I am planning to do the same modification when funds allow!! :wink: I think that the cup holder and head unit apertures are the same size. On some trucks the cups are at the top and on others they are at the bottom- so they must be the sdame size!!
Also some outlaws have a 6 disc changer instead of the holders.
Hope this helps :lol:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Rich said:
Does anyone know the colour coding for the wires on the st
ereo loom?
Hi
not got a clue. but if you are changing stereo the almera iso wiring harness adaptor fits these £3.99 ebay.
cheers neil

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NEIL said:
Hi
not got a clue. but if you are changing stereo the almera iso wiring harness adaptor fits these £3.99 ebay.
cheers neil
Hi Neil i'm fitting a screen but on removing the panasonic cd that was fitted the previous owners have cut the original plug off the loom and used conectors

·
Registered
8 Posts
wires

go to halrords and look on the back of any wiring harness pack and it tells you wot's wot,used this many times but lost one of the packs now,ps they are all the same from all manufacturers so any pack wil do :?

·
Registered
108 Posts
i tryied to get out the dashboard but failed. can u guys give a moron like me som clues about where the clips are and how could i remove the dashboard without broken it ? i removed those 2 screws above climatic control but still wasnt able to remove dashboard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have seen a Clarion DVD that is a 1 Din fitting so it should fit. It looks as though the screen slides out of the top and then folds upright for viewing. Try Clarionworld.co.uk

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have taken mine out twice dead easy but scary. remove 2x screws.then you have to prise surround off .be careful not to dig into plastic use large screwdriver. then 2x screws for cup holder and radio.

·
Registered
39 Posts
better of just getting a single dvd player and leave the cup holder in place i did this with mine. plus when you come to sell it will fit your next motor if you want to take it with you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yes, that could be an ideea for a city car. my d22 is very basic, it has nothing fancy in it (not even mp3) it is just a rude workhorse thats why i bought it. i only need to remove cup holders (another too fancy feature for a workhorse) to have an empty handy space to put my binoculars and my cell phone.
i dont see why i should transform it in a fancy star trek spaceship. in fact when do u have time to watch a movie in the car? while driving ? i dont see the meaning of a movie player in a car. but ok i agree this is a personal taste problem after all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ture fella i only get to see a film or watch the tv if the wife goes shopping and i wait in the car.also fitted up to the reversing camera mind.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts