Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just found out my cylinder head needs replacing as it it cracked. does anyone know how much BillcBillcar or miners charge for a complete replacement ?
if not does anyone know the best place to get one for a d40 Euro 4 2007 pickup
thanks
Andy

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Link to head at Milners

They're not cheap. Had the engine overheated or run low on coolant at any point to your knowledge? I thought the D40 heads were supposed to be better than the earlier engines in this respect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi
it never overheated whilst i have owned it,
I only had the duplex chain done last year

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
What a pain. It's a bit like how you only ever get a puncture in a new tyre though, bound to happen that way round.

I looked into this a few weeks ago when I was deciding whether to rebuild (after chain failure) or replace the engine. I couldn't find any 2nd hand heads but there seems to be a roaring trade in aftermarket 'pattern' heads. Very odd situation, most engines are OE or nothing. I'd usually steer clear of a pattern head but it looks to be the only real option for us and a quick search didn't reveal anyone who'd had a problem with them. This must be what all the rebuilders are using.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys its a real pain. I did hear that Bill car do heads shimmed up ready to go . I will give them a ring this week.
if any of you hear of a reputable head suppliers let me know.
thanks
Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts