Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, bit of a bad week for me, never mind the exhaust shearing in two,,,,,,,,

My gearbox has gone scrrrrrrr, bang, bang, scrhhhhhhhhhhh!

Then thrown the oil everywhere underneath.

It limped back 200 miles in this state, the question I need answering is:

What gearbox is it?

Import 2.7 TD, 1995, 5sp manual, doublecab pickup.

Its a Euro (Cypress) import, not a jap.

Is it the same as a Terrano 2.7 TD box, the engine is the same lump as the MK1 import Terrano and UK Terrano II , anyone know if the gearbox follows the engine through the range?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi mate,

Sorry to hear your bad news.

It is difficult to be 100% certain, but my guess is the Terrano 'box will be the same externally, but may have slightly different ratio's etc. internally - in other words it would do the job, but performance could be a little 'different'.

Are you looking to get a second hand box, or a refurb?

If you want a refurb, contact the Warrington Transmission Centre - unless things have changed a lot in the last two years or so, they will have a rebuilt one on the shelf and you can just 'part ex' your damaged box - they will recognise your old box to match it up no problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Ezzer,
it may be a couple of weeks before I can drop the box and see whats up, but I will certainly give them a try. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all, I have been told via the Nissan and Ford Maverick 4x4 Owners Club, the input shaft bearing fails on 2.7 Terrano boxes, ie, the same box as mine!

I have also read that 1 box was repaired at Warrington, £650 inclusive.

Not a bad price considering the work involved, but my truck is worth 2.5k at most, looks like I`ll be having Christmas lying under my tincan with a ratchet! :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts