Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have a 2005 D22 with the ZD 30DDT engine fitted and approx.180 000 km on the clock.
Have noticed recently that it is using a small amount of coolant.
There is no evidence of it making it's way into the engine oil and overall performance isn't down.
However, I've discovered that it appears to be masking it's way up into the crankcase breather and condensing and depositing in the catch can we have fitted between the crankcase breather and turbo inlet.
Obvious guess would be a head gasket??
To add to that, it also is leaking oil from around and below the injectors so I suspect the injector seals are failing.
All a bit frustrating given the charmed life it has lived with regular servicing and easy driving. :frown2:
Any thoughts and experiences would be great.

·
Administrator
11,520 Posts
Hello,

We have a 2005 D22 with the ZD 30DDT engine fitted and approx.180 000 km on the clock.
Have noticed recently that it is using a small amount of coolant.
There is no evidence of it making it's way into the engine oil and overall performance isn't down.
However, I've discovered that it appears to be masking it's way up into the crankcase breather and condensing and depositing in the catch can we have fitted between the crankcase breather and turbo inlet.
Obvious guess would be a head gasket??
To add to that, it also is leaking oil from around and below the injectors so I suspect the injector seals are failing.
All a bit frustrating given the charmed life it has lived with regular servicing and easy driving. :frown2:
Any thoughts and experiences would be great.

Could it have overheated? That can crack the head which can also cause cracks around the glowplugs. I seem to remember talk of this engine suffering from an air pocket, might be wrong.

It is more than likely time to pull the head off and look see.

There is more info on the Patrol forums than the Navara forums about this engine as that is where you normally find it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts