Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOUGHT MY 2004 NAVARA SECOND HAND JUST 9 MONTHS AGO WITH 40,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK. 10,000 MILES LATER AND THE ENGINE MUNCHES A CONROD AND TAKES THE CRANK WITH IT! MY VEHICLE HAS BEEN SERVICED REGULARLY ALTHOUGH NOT BY A NISSAN DEALER (TO EXPENSIVE!) AND HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN A HARD LIFE AT ALL. 50,000 MILES + 2 1/2 YEARS OLD AND DO YOU THINK NISSAN WARRANTY EVEN WANT TO KNOW? YOU GUESSED....THEY COULDNT GIVE A TOSS! "SORRY MATE, NO SERVICE HISTORY NO WARRANTY!". £3000 LATER AND ITS BACK ON THE ROD BUT DO I TRUST IT NOT TO HAPPEN AGAIN? DO I HELL AS LIKE! SURELY ITS ABOUT TIME NISSAN STOOD UP AND ACKNOWLEDGED THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS ENGINE AND PARTICULARLY WITH THE CONRODS/BIGENDS FAILING.

·
Registered
976 Posts
which motor does yours have ?

BTW no need to shout (caps).

G

·
as far as nissan are concerned, you havent serviced your car at all!

did you keep the recipts from the servicing? if so - you MIGHT have a case - erupoean law now says that you dont have to get it serviced by nissan, just to the same standard. if you can prove that you have, you might be able to get warrenty things done.

·
Registered
515 Posts
are you the chap who had ad on ebay. whats the common denominator,ie year,mileage,chipped,import.there has to be a link they aint all dodgy as ive seen one for sale with 169000 miles on the clock.if they all blow around same sort of mileage it would be on its third engine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The european law will protect you, if you have al the receipts.
MY NISSAN DEALER actually told me when I was picking the keys to my new truck up that I DO NOT have to have it serviced by themselves, but as long the service history is documented at ANY VAT REGISTERED SERVICE CENTRE using GENUINE or EQUIVALENT QUALITY parts (well.. how do you prove it is same quality? I would play safe and stay with Nissan parts), your warranty is FULLY VALID! Now, you suss it out mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts