Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Bobby from Scotland here. I just started a series of youtube videos of my project. It was on hold for a few years now and I finally am starting it :wink2:
I thought it would be good if I start a build thread here and share everything I know with you. This is my first project of that scale and I am definitely going to need your help guys.

So about the truck. It is D22 2003 with leather interior and all electric windows, mirrors, ABS, what not.... A yd25ddti engine which is going in the bin cos it has thrown a conrod through the engine block and is a useless piece of [email protected][email protected]¬... The engine for the swap is QD32eti from Nissan Elgrand and the transmission would be a RE4R01A (4-speed auto ) from Nissan Terrano R3m (Jap import) with the electronic ATX14A transfer case.
The body and suspension lift would be 6" combined (3" body & 3" sus). Already bought from 4x4parts.com in America. Also a ton of other parts and mods. I`ve tried to explain briefly in the first episode what I`m planning to do with the truck.
So this is how the project started up.
Some old photos ( give or take 3 years ago :surprise:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
This is going to be amazing.

I am eager for this rebuild.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Amazing!
A labour of love...
I get it for a classic car - I fancy a Lancia Fulvia Coupe/Alfa GT Junior or a similar rust bucket - but rebuilding a Nissan pick-up? A man with grande cojones :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first video is out already. A bit boring but I wanted to explain roughly what the build is going to be. I was playing with the camera setting and the quality turned out to be very bad so apologies for that.
The EVO in the title stands for evolution :) in case you are wondering :) :)

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
Great video, nice detail.

Is that a Mazda 3 at the start, and have you done anything to it?

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
I did exactly the same with an RX8. I remember one annoyance, having to work on the oil cooler hoses after the engine is back in the car; bit of a nightmare!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hiya, been a while since the last post here. The truck is taking shape.
This is the transmission cross-member modified to accept the RE4R01A transmission. I had to cut off the mounts on the chassis and move them back and lengthen the cross member accordingly and also mod it to accept the single transmission mount in the middle. The other thing I did to it was to box in underneath so now its a lot less flexy.

The next big modification was the torsion bars cross member. The transmission and transfer combo are longer than the original ones and the cross-member had to be notched.

Now I am finishing the front diff swap. I went for R200A diff a lot stronger and a lot options for lockers. But the main thing is the diff drop I am doing. With the lift the front CV joints are in a very steep angle so I dropped the diff subframes with 40mm and maintaining perfect front prop shaft and pinion angles. That is the maximum I could go cos any lower and the driveshafts will hit the lower control arms on full droop.

There are a lot more details on youtube. So if you want to have a look just go to Navara D22 build

1 - 12 of 12 Posts