Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hlo nissan expert friends goodmorning, my enquiry regarding d22 clutch replacement, old clutch plate was totally worn, release bearing worn as well, please check photo,i had to removed torsion bar as well, so i replaced clutch and machined flywheel, when i ready to test drive it has lot of vibration and shaking, please give me any suggestion what it can be possibly causes.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
Something is out of balance or possibly the crankshaft position sensor got damaged. You are probably going to have to take it apart again and check the flywheel and plate for balance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something is out of balance or possibly the crankshaft position sensor got damaged. You are probably going to have to take it apart again and check the flywheel and plate for balance.
Hi mate can it be torsion bar, because when i removed bar right side bar goes off and i had not mark where it fit in spline near adjusting bolt, i just count thread of adjusting bolt, and when i fitted back right side bar adjusting bolt was not full tight, it was adjusted only according to thread count but was not too much tight like as left side bar

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Hi mate can it be torsion bar, because when i removed bar right side bar goes off and i had not mark where it fit in spline near adjusting bolt, i just count thread of adjusting bolt, and when i fitted back right side bar adjusting bolt was not full tight, it was adjusted only according to thread count but was not too much tight like as left side bar
If you only reset the torsion bar counting the threads, there is a good chance the ride height is out of spec.
I wrote this on here in 2010, this gives the factory manual settings.
Only ever adjust the torsion bars with the front wheels OFF THE GROUND!
ALWAYS get the wheel alignment reset after adjusting the ride height as the tor in/out WILL have changed.
Re Out of balance, as Landmannn has already said the Crankshaft Position Sensor is very easily damaged, as is the driven plate, due to the extreme weight of the conjoined gear/transfer box, it is very easy to leave all this weight literally hanging on the driven plate splines bending it's axis.
If the flywheel was machined, was it re-balanced after?
From 2010:
I then checked the ride height, it should have been between 45.5 and 49.5mm, according to the manual.
This is measured by taking a measurement from a level surface to the centre of the lower wishbone pivot bolt, then deducting the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the steering stop bracket (I hope this makes sense, effectively you are measuring the wishbone?).
My torsion bars had dropped these specs quite a lot to:
O/S = 39mm
N/S = 35mm
Half an hour later I had them both back up to 48mm (I settled for mid range) each side.
Although the amount raised may seem quite a small, it must be understood that the Nissan spec is only for the wishbone angle, when taken overall the appearance of the car had changed considerably, it was much higher than before, so much so, I re-measured both sides to make sure I had done it properly.
I rechecked the wheel alignment, in the course of adjusting the bars it had toe'd itself in to just over 4mm, I reset it to 1.5mm toe-in.
I know the adjustments are pretty small but it seems to drive much nicer now, the steering seems lighter and more positive.
I can only assume that, with wishbones of different lengths, and ageing torsion bars that dropped the ride height over time, the top wishbone must have pushed outwards, effectively giving the car positive camber.
Chris

Reactions: landmannnn
1 - 5 of 5 Posts