Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Im from New Zealand. I found this site from a link on wikipedia...

Im planning to get a brand new D22 Navara Crew Cab 4WD. I have been to my local dealership and got all the info. I have chosen the Onyx Black colour as it is far superior to the other colours available (there are also blue, green, silver and red which dont look too flash compared to black). However, black is only available by special order...which means I have to wait. The local dealership haven't got back to me when a black one is available :roll: The black is very rare on our roads, only ever counted at least 5, which is another reason why I want black! 8)

I just wondered if this is the same case in the UK - is black available by special order?

I can get the top of the line D22 Navara (called the Ventura, not Aventura) a lot cheaper than the D40, I guess because the D22 is getting phased out slowly. :idea: I also think the D22 looks better than the D40, a bit more sportier, though i believe the D40 is higher spec'd than the D22.

Cheers,
Shane

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi Shane, and welcome.

Things seem to be a little different here mate, we had the D40 totally replace the D22 about 18 months ago I think, it was a very quick 'changeover' rather than both models being marketed side by side.

There are quite a few black D22's around, but in terms of the D40, black is perhaps the most popular colour.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ezzer,
Well Australia and New Zealand must be the only countries left that still get the D22! 8) This could explain the reason why getting one is quite difficult. :shock: I can get a black/silver two tone in December, but I dont really like the silver base, looks quite outdated... :roll:

Cheers

·
Registered
481 Posts
I quite like the 'two tone' myself, but I understand it would not suit everyone.

Good to hear the D22 is still alive and kicking though :wink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear the D22 is still alive and kicking though
Yeah, it is a very popular model in New Zealand, as well as the rest of the world!

I still haven't heard back from my local Nissan dealership to see when the black would be available... :?

I also have another question...I am into Mountain Biking and would like to know if a bike could fit into the bed lying down. I plan on getting a hard tonneau cover (not the canopy) and want to know if they would fit in. The hard cover is flush with the top of the bed... I have to get some sort of lockable cover so it is practical. :idea:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Murph,

i do lot of MTB and have fitted a moutain top with bike carriers on. have had four bikes on in total and all luggage for four people under the moutain top all kept dry!
here is a pic fully loaded

[/url][/img]

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are still producing d22 i have one coming to uk in oct, no problems any colour i fancied and cheap only £12400 + vat
air con cloth seats.
i thought solid blue was the best as black shows any dirt or dust

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jayk, that is a very good idea.

Did the hard top come with the bike carriers, and how does it mount onto it?

Yeah, thats the only problem with black, it shows up the dirt!

Cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
The moutain top came with roof bars already fitted i just went to halfords and brought the thule roof rack system, i already had the thule bike carriers from my last car. and just for info the mountain top was fitted and not a hole drilled vary clever uses the c-channel system to mount everything :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
As BrettHawk said, the D22 is still available in UK. They are simply calling it "Pick-up", though, rather than Navara.

See the Nissan website for more.

JNR

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ahh, so it is - so basically the 'workhorse' is a D22, and the 'tax efficient car' is the D40.

Didn't realise that guys, I thought I hadn't seen a basic spec D40 around.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got word from my dealer that a Black one will be available early next year! They said when it arrives I can test drive it for a day. Looking forward!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts