Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been pulling to the left for some time now and as I just got some new wheels and tyres I thought I'd better get the tracking done to save my tyres wearing out. But on getting the tracking done today it has made no difference at all. I took it back for them to check it and he even showed and explained to me that it was running straight and true. My old tyres O/S was worn on both inner and outer edges and the N/S was worn on the outside edge if that helps lol.

Could anything else be wrong or worn for me to check or change ???

Any help would be gratefully received

Ade

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Has the vehicle been fitted with a suspension lift?

If not, check tyre pressures and there are no brakes binding.

Vehicles in the UK do tend to drift to the left due to road camber, are you sure its not just this? :scratch:

Failing all that get the alignment including castor angle checked at another garage.

Welcome to the Navara forum, I'm sure it would be appreciated if you would visit the introduce yourself section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate

The breaks are next on my list and I've found an earlier post with the same problem so got lots of things to try lol

Thanks again for the quick reply

Ade

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Ade,
The torsion bars on Navara's are well known for getting saggy after a time.
This drops the front of the car lower than the design height, wrecking the design suspension settings.
I had this happen along with other owners.
Checking the ride height is a piece of cake, you only need a tape measure and some patience.
Resetting the rideheight to the correct measurement is just as easy, needing basic tools alone.
Once reset mine was very much more positive on the road with no pulling at all, I only checked mine because it was wearing the front tyres.
I did write up a posting on this site telling exactly how to check and rest the torsion bars.
Chris

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
The dimensions on the post I wrote are direct from the Nissan workshop manual.
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts