Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then Gents

I am looking to have the rear of the navara lifted slightly and probably stiffened up at the same time.

I use the pickup in part for my tree surgery business and so it is regularly filled chock full (to the roof of the high level truckman back) with woodchip or logs which normally puts the truck on the stops. This can then make leaving the work site a bit difficult and possibly damaging if it is off road - there is usually a trailer on as well.

So the question is does anywhere (UK) supply new uprated springs for the Nav that will not lift the back so it looks stupid but allow me to carry plenty without being on the stops and also still ride presentably when empty.

Thanks in Advance

Kev

·
Registered
976 Posts
not sure about UK but you can get overload springs for most utes. they only start working when the spring gets compressed ie you still have standard ride height. for medium use they are ok.

however as we found, the navarra springs are ****. with your sort of loading the springs will be sagging in a year or two. we got an extra leaf fitted which makes is great. however they jack the rear up a couple of inches.

you do NOT want to harden up the springs. you either have to have the same travel and harden up the springs (which makes driving in the wet lethal and a bit painfull on the body) or increase the travel ie higher.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts