Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being my first post I'd like to start off with something that hopefully you guys can easily clear up.

How the **** do you manage to change one of the front sidelight bulbs? :? One of mine has blown and I can't figure out how to get to it. I've tried looking in the owners manual but there's nothing in it for the sidelight bulb though it seems nearly all the other (easy to get to ) lights are!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sidelights sorted!

Well it's done.

In the end I bit the bullet and went to my nearest Nissan dealer. What a great decision I must say. Top people at Hammond Nissan Halesworth. I drove over their place this morning and walked straight up the the service counter with my owners handbook clutched tightly in my grubby mits. After explaining to the guy their that there was nothing in the book regarding something as simple as replacing a sidelight bulb on a D22 he gave me that look like he had been there many times before and called through to one of the mechanics.

"Thought so" he said. "Unfortunately due to a bad day at the design office they overlooked this one. You need to unbolt the whole of the headlamp unit to get to the sidelight bulb and that also means taking the front grill off" He then asked if I had my truck with me and if I could spare 1/2 hour. I said I did but how much was this going to cost. "Price of a bulb and we can do it now if you like" he told me. Sure enough twenty minutes later I had my truck back with two new sidelight bulbs all for the princely sum of £1.20 including VAT! Result or what :lol:

So if you need to change a sidelight bulb on a D22 and you don't think your Nissan Dealer will do it for £1.20 embark on the following.

1. Pop Bonnet/Hood
2. Use small pliers/grips turn the square headed plugs that hold the grill in place anti clockwise half a turn so they free up from truck.
3. locate the three bolts with cross head imbossed that retain headlamp unit in place and undo.
4. You should now be able to pull headlamp unit away from body to access sidelight etc and remove bulb.
5. Replace bulb and reverse procedure to complete job.
6. Make a nice cup of Tea, turn on lights and admire your handywork. :D

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi, thanks for the guide.

Just done this on mine and a couple of quick things to add...

I've replaced mine with Philips BlueVision lamps. The fitting is W5W and they are 12v / 5w.

Followed the guide to the letter pretty much and its saved me loads of grief. The most annoying thing is the stupid plastic clips, not hard to get off but pretty bad to get back on. I ended up putting the fastenings in the grill first and then pushing them into the truck. If you happen to break these at all I would suggest that rather than paying stealership prices for replacements use a small bolt and nylock nut with a couple of washers, should do the trick better than the orginals.

Also, at the base of the grill are 4 more fastenings, these are simply push fit. To release insert a large flat headed screwdriver between the 2 flanges and gently twist. I found doing this to one released it and the rest just popped off themselves.

By the way the lamps I've used get rid of that yellow tinge and bring the side lights back to white. Much nicer in my opinion.

Hope that helps

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts