Nissan-Navara.net banner

d22 to d21

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  barnyzuki 
#1 ·
do you have any knowledge about this??

is td25 the same as sd25 and bd 25?

guys Ireally need your hel

I have a plan of putting a turbo in my bd25(d21 double cab :D )?

#2 ·
i'm not sure of the earier model numbers.

however the comman transplant to replace the early 2.5's is to use turbo 2.7 which is commanly found in the terrano. from memory the gearbox will fit but you need the 2.7 bellhouseing.

#4 ·
unless your going to mod the hell out of it just use the standard turbo that it comes with. much easier to use the whole motor than to turbo an atmo motor.

#5 ·
The TD25 is a TD42T with 2 clinder's cut out its guts.
The SD25 is a SD33T with 2 clinder's cut out its guts.
The BD25 I have never heard of. I searched the net and found nothing.

The QD32 if that what you mean't is a updated version of the TD serie's motor.

The TD42 is a very very strong and rugged motor. I have seen about 6 in Australia with over 700 000km's on original internal's and still going strong. So the TD25/27 should be just as reliable.

There is a GQ patrol ute that I have heard about which has 1.2 million Km's and had the engine rebuilt at 1 000 000km's and had the gearbox and diff's done too while it was off the road.

The SD33T is a very very strong and rugged motor. I have seen and heard of these motor's with over 700 000km's on original internal's.

In Australia turbo companys are putting garret T25's on the 4 cylinder diesel, ie Nissan motor's and Toyota.

The 6 cylinder motor's are getting garret T28's bolted to there side to help with there breathing.

By the way the 2 last sentences are for motor's that did not come with turbo's or getting upgrades.

#6 ·
Just to confuse it all some more,,,

My D21 doublecab, 1995, uses the TD27T motor as standard, it is the 2663cc Turbo Diesel, no intercooler or electronic management control.

Mine is imported from Cyprus, more commonly imported from Japan.

For us in the UK it`s unusual in the Pickups`, but used often in the Terrano II.

I can`t tell you if this engine would mate up to your BD25s gearbox though, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.