Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Not sure if i should put this here, but I guess someone will let me know
I was driving my car today D22 3.0L diesel and it sort of hesitated , I came home and never thought anything of it, I had to go back out again and the car took a while to get startered but seemed under powered. I had only travelled 200m and it stopped and could get it started again.
When I purchased the car the guy said don't let the fuel get below 1/4 empty, not sure why he said that, but as it turns out the fuel gauge is reading just under quarter.
I have tried priming the the car without any luck, I have cracked 3 of the 4 injectors and managed to get fuel out of 2 of them, the 3rd doesnt have any sign of fuel at all.
Any help would be appreciated
When I crank it over the fuel comes out 2 of the injectors, would that mean the pump is OK

·
Administrator
11,520 Posts
Welcome along.

Actually this is the introduction section, new members are required to make an introductory thread in this section.

This is an opportunity for you to tell us a bit about your truck and yourself (what model you have and what you use it for). It helps us to relate to you and is our opportunity to welcome you to the fold. If you walked into a pub, you would introduce yourself before talking to a stranger, forums share a lot in common with a pub.

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts
Hi guys
I was driving my car today D22 3.0L diesel and it sort of hesitated , I came home and never thought anything of it, I had to go back out again and the car took a while to get startered but seemed under powered. I had only travelled 200m and it stopped and could get it started again.
When I purchased the car the guy said don't let the fuel get below 1/4 empty, not sure why he said that, but as it turns out the fuel gauge is reading just under quarter.
I have tried priming the the car without any luck, I have cracked 3 of the 4 injectors and managed to get fuel out of 2 of them, the 3rd doesnt have any sign of fuel at all.
When I crank it over the fuel comes out 2 of the injectors, would that mean the pump is OK
I can't help with your specific problem other than, as this is the introduction section you are unlikely to get any technical help here!
Since you have correctly posted an introduction on a separate thered ill move this to the correct section for you ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,283 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hi guys
Just wondering if the fuel tank pickup pipe is high inside the tank, ( Re- Don't let fuel get below 1/4 tank)
I would pop some more fuel in your tank, bleed the air out via the filter top diaphragm pump( may indicate your problem if air is getting sucked in at the tank).
Go from there.
BTW, its fine mate, this isn't the pub, and I don't need you to introduce yourself, as you haven't got the time to mess around you need to get back on the road. Its not Facebook, it's a forum. Hope you get sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts